Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning to rebuild the back end on the Spider having acquired dog legs, spring pans, wishbones, hubs etc plus Powerflex bushes. I’ve just about finished refurbing the bits that need it. The one thing that I’m missing are new nuts and bolts but especially the nuts.

I’ve found the sizes of the various bolts (a mix of M10 and M12 1.25 pitch in various lengths) with a tensile strength of 10.9. Info on the nuts is a bit more sketchy. I believe they need to be nyloc type P or Din 982 which are thicker than normal nuts. I have read that they should also be tensile 10.9 or grade 10 but have also read that 10.9 and grade 8 are the same. Can anyone clear this up and suggest where to get them? TIA

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
1,308 Posts
I’m planning to rebuild the back end on the Spider having acquired dog legs, spring pans, wishbones, hubs etc plus Powerflex bushes. I’ve just about finished refurbing the bits that need it. The one thing that I’m missing are new nuts and bolts but especially the nuts.

I’ve found the sizes of the various bolts (a mix of M10 and M12 1.25 pitch in various lengths) with a tensile strength of 10.9. Info on the nuts is a bit more sketchy. I believe they need to be nyloc type P or Din 982 which are thicker than normal nuts. I have read that they should also be tensile 10.9 or grade 10 but have also read that 10.9 and grade 8 are the same. Can anyone clear this up and suggest where to get them? TIA
Arun Fasteners. They have M12 1.25 Grade 10 nuts in DIN 982. They may also have the M10 nuts for the top of the shock in DIN982, but I was given DIN 985 by mistake. Not a big deal for the top of the shock as they were still class 10, no great load there, and it isn't torqued particularly hard. Also, on Ebay you can get flanged stover nuts, which are reusable all metal lock nuts, in M14 1.5 for the long hub bolt. They are Geomet too, or mechanical zinc, to match the bolt

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arun Fasteners. They have M12 1.25 Grade 10 nuts in DIN 982. They may also have the M10 nuts for the top of the shock in DIN982, but I was given DIN 985 by mistake. Not a big deal for the top of the shock as they were still class 10, no great load there, and it isn't torqued particularly hard. Also, on Ebay you can get flanged stover nuts, which are reusable all metal lock nuts, in M14 1.5 for the long hub bolt. They are Geomet too, or mechanical zinc, to match the bolt
Brilliant… many thanks. I’ll drop them an email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts