Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my classic car.a triumph 2000 (1973) that i bought and restored 2 years ago. i have restored everthing exept the paint job. i have polished it many times but now i used dodo jiuce prime lime and then collinite 915 wax with the help of polishing machine!the result is great .next......the alfa!:p

Attachments

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Stunning :wow: :cool:

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Lovely.:thumbs:

My first car was an olive green 1967 Triumph 1300 so I've always had a soft spot for the marque.

P

·
0 Posts
I've got a soft spot for Triumphs too. I've had a TR7, a Vitesse and Mr PG has had a Toledo :thumbs:

And that is some shine :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Wow! She is absolutely gorgeous! Classy old girl! More pics please? :thumbs:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dodo juice prime lime:The pre-wax cleanser that breaks all the rules. With micro-abrasives to remove oxidization and light swirlmarks, cleaning agents to remove watermarks and ingrained dirt, and lubricating oils for slickness and gloss.

it cleans,polishes and prepares the paint for the wax.it is like a t-cut as it removes a very tiny layer of paint.(not much in my case as other polishers).you can also change is concentration by adding water to it.i found it brilliant and i strongly recomend it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Great effort, good work!!!!
My first car was a Dolomite 1850HL, in Inca Yellow, with overdrive. It was so cool, except when I took my girlfriend (NZ International licence) to London in it, and it decided to have an electrical "whoopsy" in Picaddilly at night - no lights, very little power, but we got home, so - no worries!

She dumped me after that, and I thought the the Kiwis were supposed to be adventurous?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i also own a mercedes cl600 (2001model) that broke down 4 times and i have it since new which now has 9000miles only!the triumph only broke down 2 times which i fixed it at the side of the road and then i could travel home again!so the dolomite had a problem and took you home but if you were driving a supercar you would most probubly still be at picadilly!:p:D

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i also own a mercedes cl600 that broke down 4 times and i have it since new which now has 9000miles only! the triumph only broke down 2 times
Now you're getting a bit carried away :lol:. Triumph had an abysmal reliability record and Mercedes hold the world record for mileage with a 240D which covered 4.6 million km (2.8 million miles)... Mind you, Mercedes did have some problems with build quality a few years back, so you proabably got one of those cars!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok.now you are german and you own an italian car.they say that they have never reduced the quality of thier top of the range models.s-class and cl.the 600 is thier best car.i have paid 12000euros since the car got out of warranty.it is breaking down evry time i take it out of the garage!(remember it only has 15000km)currently it's at the mercedes garage and 10days now hte cannot solve an electrical problem. the dealership has send all the reports to germany today to help them out.i was expecting problems with the alfa but had none appart from the regular problems and service listed in the handbook.(at least the italians are honest!:D since mercedes(diamler)got there hands with crysler appart from going bankrapsed their cars have dropped in quality.the 240D you have said wasn't a car....it was a german tank.that is what i call a mercedes.and the 600 grosvenor was the best merc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts