Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a STOCK - STANDARD Alfa 156 Selespeed Monza.
Part of the 156 Monza has a small bodykit just under the door - between the wheels.

I believe this might even be standard on non-monza cars .... but I am not 100% sure.

Anyhow the bodykit is secure by some adhesive tape. On 1 corner it appears that it is not holding perfectly. So it does not contour the panel perfectly. I have been to my local auto shop and bought some adhesive tape..... this is USELESS... only holds for a week and then comes off....

What can I do to get this fixed........

Somebody suggested I should go to a panel shop....

R

·
0 Posts
Never heard of the bodykit being attached with tape, I assume you mean the side skirts when you say "bit between the wheels under the door" the side skirts are secured with plastic push fit plugs fitted at intervals along the body. These plastic plugs are pushed into the body and the side skirt slides on to them and is then screwed underneath to hold firmly in place. They can come loose when disturbed (mine are loose at the front) and you would need to probably remove the side skirt and replace any that are missing, or refit those that have come loose to solve the problem.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
The top edges of the skirts are held on with double-side tape. Over time the tape breaks down and tears. Also when you get the car lifted for new tyres or maintenance, if the machanic is not careful and uses spacers, the sills get pushed up and this also tears the tape.

You should be able to replace the tape but it will probably mean you will need to take the skirts off, clean every surface carefully then put them back.

Alternatively, you might be able to get hold of a mastic-based adhesive which will replace the tape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts