Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, does anyone know where you can still get the plastic clips that hold on the plastic sill covers? There are two types on mine, one at the top that has a lip, and the ones at the bottom that clamp the sill cover on. I've just broken one of each while trying to get them out, and have already used my last new one.

many thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Taz

I tried to get hold of these clips some time ago - my local Alfa/Fiat parts dept said they were no longer available new.

I got some from Steve Parry in the end - not new of course but good enough to do the job

not sure if aftermarket ones have been done? i never found anywhere to get a good look at what is available.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Most Body repair shops will keep trim clip's simular to those, a company called Wurth are the main supplier's in the UK.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have got some. Mix of new and secondhand. I don't know how many of each type as they are buried in my shed somewhere.
Let me know if interested.
Mark

K

·
0 Posts
was trying to think how to fix mine on, when i get around to it :rolleyes:
thought about putting a row of screws in with the heads slightly out so the top lip would hook on to them. don't really like drilling holes in it though, but i guess there is no other option :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replies, gives me some ideas. Mark I need to ring you soon anyway so can discuss then.

·
Registered
741 Posts
When I did mine, would you believe that I had some new ones that I had kept since 1982?.
I always remember thinking that they were expensive when I bought them from Mangoletsi's in 1982.
They don't work that well, but I still can't think of another hidden way of fixing the trim back on whilst avoiding metal to metal contact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts