Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite often when we go out as we did today there are four of us. Three 30 year olds and me :eek: I invariably end up at the back because they take off as though their bums are on fire. It has two downsides, I often get stopped at red lights and they wait or I have to go like the clappers to catch up.
I must be honest as fun as it can be I sometimes feel it's a bit unsafe. Does anyone else think the same ?

The upside is that four loud V6 Alfas get some very admiring looks, today being a case in point when we went to a factory open day and a large crowd of people looked to see what all the noise was about.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Rule of convoy is always keep the car behind in sight

·
Registered
696 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
When we go on our annual vacation to the South of France we take a set of 4 walkie talkies with us... Usually six Alfa's in all so two of them are shared responsibility of us all and stay in the middle for us to keep an eye on so they don't lag behind.

We have as a big family become a dab hand at it now and got to admit, the kids think the old fashioned idea of walkie talkies really good fun, especially when they talk to British LGV drivers on route via the CB channel 19 option... You get to know where the Frenchy Plods are hiding;)

I'm looking forward to August already:thumbs::D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Rule of convoy is always keep the car behind in sight
devastatingly simple in theory, but in practice there's always some doofus who forgets it, inevitably splitting the convoy in two (or 3, or 4, depending on the number of doofii)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts