Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Distance from home to work???

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far are you from your workplace??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :p ;) :( :eek: :D :tut:

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
number of miles / 62 * 100 = number of kilometres.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Depends how you mean.I`m in sales so travel somewhere different everyday,but normally within London,Herts,Essex,Oxon,Bucks or Suffolk,but most days London.If I need to do admin dutes,I work from home.Our head office is 130 miles away in Telford but I only need go there once every 2 months or so.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spiderman said:
Depends how you mean.I`m in sales so travel somewhere different everyday,but normally within London,Herts,Essex,Oxon,Bucks or Suffolk,but most days London.If I need to do admin dutes,I work from home.Our head office is 130 miles away in Telford but I only need go there once every 2 months or so.
Then it's "other" ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I travel courtesey of C2C railways - formerly known as the 'misery line' It's actually quite an enjoyable journey, air conditioned comfy seats and i get to read, sleep and listen to the ipod. Then i have to work - that's where the misery is :( :p

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Must admit I often leave the car at home if I`m in central London.A days travel works out cheaper,especially as I am often flexible as to when I travel,when compared to paying congestion charge and parking/fuel.
The other day,I paid £16.80 for 2 hours parking in a London NCP! :eek:
Can get some work done on the train too.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
My last job had a daily commute between Portsmouth and Oxford (about 140km each way :eek: ).

Luckily enough, they gave me a company car to do it in. Even luckier, one of them was a GTV! :D :cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I wouldn't mind to work around the world. As a photographer. ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Typical AO'er :p

;)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Mon - 60km roundtrip
Tue- 80km roundtrip
Wed - 50km roundtrip
Thu - 50km roundtrip
Fri - 50km roundtrip

80% of this is not on highways, and often in thick Tokyo traffic (thus I opted for the Selespeed on my GTA). It's also one of the reasons I get up at 4AM most days - so that at least the drive in is on empty streets..

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
53km each way.

30km - country road
20km - motorway
3km traffic jam

Guess which part takes most of the time?

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
i work in a factory about 3 miles from my doorstep.....but i always take the long way into work when i am driving... ;)

does anyone else do this or is it just me :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts