Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just nabbed myself a non-running GTV. Do any of you have a trailer or a truck at all that could give me a price to transport a car from Cork to Greystones?

I have been speaking with another AO member and he has an Alfasud in Kerry that needs moving also. This could be a two birds with one stone job for someone.

·
Administrator
87,033 Posts
Nice find, got to be worth that even if broken, you planning on putting it back on the road or breaking it ?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find, got to be worth that even if broken, you planning on putting it back on the road or breaking it ?
Not too sure tbh. I'll see what it's like when I get it on the drive. I want a V6 but if it's worth saving I will. Even if it's not. I will keep the cup kit , the wheels and interior and get a pov spec GTV V6 and add the bits.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the rear suspension....the rear suspension being in bad nick can write of the car

Thanks man. I am half thinking of taking it minus the engine. I really only want the interior, cup kit and wheels. I was thinking of trying to put it back on the road but it has gear box issues as well. 3rd is banjaxed apparently.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a farce. Deposit = sold as far as I'd be concerned.

Yeah big time man. I said I would get it either in the middle of next week or at the weekend and he started turning the screws saying it needed to be collected tomorrow. I couldn't get my man to collect it until Tuesday but that wasn't good enough so...

To be fair the guy was selling it for someone else apparently. It was the guy that who's car it was.

Meh, You win some etc...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah big time man. I said I would get it either in the middle of next week or at the weekend and he started turning the screws saying it needed to be collected tomorrow. I couldn't get my man to collect it until Tuesday but that wasn't good enough so...

To be fair the guy was selling it for someone else apparently. It was the guy that who's car it was.

Meh, You win some etc...
Don Baker has a nice 166 3.0 v6, taxed and tested until next year.
He's asking 1300 for it:thumbs:

**** about the gtv but you may have dodged a bullet

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don Baker has a nice 166 3.0 v6, taxed and tested until next year.
He's asking 1300 for it:thumbs:

**** about the gtv but you may have dodged a bullet
I hate to say it lads but I can't get over the snout on the 166. I have never warmed to it.

Yeah that's one way of looking at it. I just wanted the kit, wheels and interior. I wonder if Don knows of a GTV?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Mine was my mid life crisis car :lol: bought for my 30th birthday after my Alfasud spit out a gearbox for the third time :lol:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
..lads the real crisis only comes after you by a fifteen hundred quid alfa :)

..it took owning one for me to figure out the 166's snout though.. 17" wheels and sitting nice and low, then it all makes sense.. it's a low, pointy, sleek wedge for carving through the italian air at 150mph.. :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine was my mid life crisis car :lol: bought for my 30th birthday after my Alfasud spit out a gearbox for the third time :lol:

Ha. I wish I liked them. They are so practical. If they had made them like a big 156 it would have been the business. The back end is lovely.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
..lads the real crisis only comes after you by a fifteen hundred quid alfa :)
Crisis isn't strong enough to describe that scenario! I've tripled my initial outlay in the last year. I'm in that no-mans land between cutting my losses or being in too deep to turn back!!

They are only a cheap buy once!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts