Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking back over the week it seems we're all driving invisible Alfas - last night my 15yrs accident free came to an end when some t055er in a transit van (complete with obligatory 3 kids in the front) decided he liked the back of my new Spider so much he'd take a closer look.

Could almost have accepted it if he'd tried to brake but he was accelerating out of a side road into stationary traffic so just accelerated into me - saw it in the rear view mirror but nowhere to go.

Luckily doesn't appear to be as bad as it could have been but it was a works van and he wants to settle cash so it's likely to cost him. Trip to the stealers tomorrow to cost it all up but new rear bumper & valance plus :confused: the bonnet release is now hanging down in the footwell - can only assume my foot was close to this when he hit me and I stamped on it.

Presumably this means I can now add to my accolade of 'first diesel spider' the 'first crashed spider' award :mad: :mad: :mad:

N

·
0 Posts
bad news. :(

Get the exhust checked.

I insisted they re-inspected mine after
I got hit and although the ****ers wouldn't
replace the rear section due to one
tail pipe being bent :mad::mad::mad:
they did replace the middle section that
was twisted.

Check your parking sensors aren't busted
too. ;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like he managed to miss the exhausts (hit me at 45deg just to the right of centre i.e between the exhausts) but will get it all checked out.

Anyone else been rear-ended in a Brera and know the likely costs/issues ?

M

·
0 Posts
really bad luck...hope you get it all sorted with the minimum of fuss

mike

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luckily not off the road - fully driveable but just looking/feeling a bit sorry for herself.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Call the insurers now mate! He sounds dodgy as it is!!

I'm deadly serious. DO NOT accept cash! :eek:

Does he even have insurance?!
Seems genuine (I've 10yrs Police experience to call on) - photos of him and van and all checks out on the web. Just genuinely want's to avoid his company knowing as there wasn't a mark on the van. Nice trip to HR Owen this afternoon to get a quote.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Neck Feeling a bit sore ?.........Worth $$$$$$$ !

But as my car is now sporting a dent from a school run mum.... my condolences.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts