Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I also found the user manual, and it says that some versions of the 147 have a remote key and a flat one, and other versions have two remotes. But it doesn't say that some versions are delivered with two flat keys. That part of the manual and the code card let me think that my 147 may actually have a remote that has been lost.
I'll try to find how I can code a new key without going to a dealer's. According to a guide I found, it is maybe possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New update ! :)

Previously, on my 147 : after having taken everything I could from the high-speced JTD and upgraded my low-speced TS, I was willing to get the remote locking system, as I only had one flat key with the "benzina" 147 and I supposed that it was so low-speced that I was delivered with no remote locking. Then, I was thinking about taking the whole thing, from the remote keys to the car remote receiver.
But after dissembled the whole dashbord (in the dual zone AC conversion process), I could not find anything that looks like a remote receiver or anything else. And I prepared myself to never having a remote locking in that car.

One day, while removing the recue kit from the TS's trunk to replace it by the JTD's spare wheel, I found the user manual and the code card. And since the user manual never says that the 147 may be equiped with flat keys only, I started to think that my 147 would have beed equiped with one remote key that got lost by the previous owner.

So, I got an ELM327 interface and the MultiEcuScan software. I used them with the electronic code on the code card to enter the body computer. Then, I tried to record the JTD's 2 remote keys into the TS, and.... it worked !!
I now have two remote keys for the TS (which have the JTD's mechanical keys.... but I'll fix that later). Everything work perfectly ! I can remotely lock and unlock the doors, open the boot, and even open the windows ! :)

And now, I have everything I wanted to have on the TS, but the alarm (but I don't actually care).

·
Registered
61 Posts
New update ! :)

Previously, on my 147 : after having taken everything I could from the high-speced JTD and upgraded my low-speced TS, I was willing to get the remote locking system, as I only had one flat key with the "benzina" 147 and I supposed that it was so low-speced that I was delivered with no remote locking. Then, I was thinking about taking the whole thing, from the remote keys to the car remote receiver.
But after dissembled the whole dashbord (in the dual zone AC conversion process), I could not find anything that looks like a remote receiver or anything else. And I prepared myself to never having a remote locking in that car.

One day, while removing the recue kit from the TS's trunk to replace it by the JTD's spare wheel, I found the user manual and the code card. And since the user manual never says that the 147 may be equiped with flat keys only, I started to think that my 147 would have beed equiped with one remote key that got lost by the previous owner.

So, I got an ELM327 interface and the MultiEcuScan software. I used them with the electronic code on the code card to enter the body computer. Then, I tried to record the JTD's 2 remote keys into the TS, and.... it worked !!
I now have two remote keys for the TS (which have the JTD's mechanical keys.... but I'll fix that later). Everything work perfectly ! I can remotely lock and unlock the doors, open the boot, and even open the windows ! :)

And now, I have everything I wanted to have on the TS, but the alarm (but I don't actually care).
Nice! good to know that can be done relatively easily. Any idea's if this sorts the immobilizer too? as afaik you cant just stick the right mechanical part into the lock and start it up.

If so all you need now are some blank key's (they even come with the whole key shell for pretty cheap) off of ebay, get them cut and you'll have 3 working keys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was thinking the same, actually. I've ordered 2 blank keys from eBay for less than 10€. As soon as I receive them, I'll try to mix the TS' mechanial part with the JTD's electronic part into the blank key to check that.
Nevertheless, theoritically, it should work. If it doesn't, I'll keep the remote apart from the mechanial key.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was thinking the same, actually. I've ordered 2 blank keys from eBay for less than 10€. As soon as I receive them, I'll try to mix the TS' mechanial part with the JTD's electronic part into the blank key to check that.
Nevertheless, theoritically, it should work. If it doesn't, I'll keep the remote apart from the mechanial key.
If your original key, the blank one, is a flip key, you could just take it apart and try with the mechanical part from it, before you spend the money to get it cut, and you could either just use the shell part from the blanks you ordered or sell em whole in a local alfa group on facebook or something :)

On a side note I have started dissembling the parts alfa to harvest the dual zone parts. Slowly but surely becoming a worthless (well 50-60euros or so) shell of a 147, for the sake of fixing many others and of course bringing mine up to lusso spec :D.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's a good thing ! Please let me know how everything is going for you. ;)
In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the blank keys. But they come from China, I'm afraid I'll have to wait long...

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a good thing ! Please let me know how everything is going for you. ;)
In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the blank keys. But they come from China, I'm afraid I'll have to wait long...
Currently I have the dashboard off, couldn't get further last weekend as we were also pulling the motor. I am going to go and drop the guide you sent into google translate.

Edit: "It has no record value and is used for information only. Their authors decline all responsibility in the event of a problem." made me laugh :D

Edit 2: It's actually very understandable, will update when I get to the parts car.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts