Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst in Sicily, Lynn and I had the pleasure of meeting up
with Stewart1 and his wife Louise who were also on holiday
on the island :D

We got to wondering if this meeting is of members furthest
apart? We'll claim that accolade until someone comes up with
one to beat it :lol:

Long live the special relationship between Australia and England :thumbs:

Here we are enjoying a stroll in Palermo :)

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Thats awesome!

you should have got a hotel with a roof though ;)

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,194 Posts
You're really stacking up international micro-meets there :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hello, just back in Oz this morning. 1 hour Palermo-Rome, 2 hours Rome-London, 12 hours London-Singapore, 7 hours Singapore-Melbourne! And I still have to drive back to Canberra.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meet and then like Gibbo and Lynn we went south and did our own spot of Montalbano location spotting. And then we found out the old farmhouse in the agriturismo we stayed in near Ragusa was used as a location too! It's a terrace out the back of an old farmhouse. Apparently there was some sort of party there. Will have to check the DVD collection but it might be the one where they go to Mimi's sister's farm after she adopts the orphan Arab boy.

On the way back to Palermo we had three nights in Taormina and the first night was when the Targa Florio was in town. The usual evening passegiata down the main street was joined every few minutes by the cars taking part in the rally, to the great appreciation of the locals. Lots of Ferraris old and new, but I noted a couple of Giuliettas and Spiders from the 1950s, and another Alfa I didn't recognise but I took a picture on my phone so will investigate and report back.

Given that most of my holiday snaps were taken on steam-driven film cameras it will be a while before I post many images but I shall in due course in a separate thread.

Meanwhile I can report that driving in Palermo is one of those life experiences like sky-diving or tightrope-walking over Niagara.

cheers

S

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Hello, just back in Oz this morning. 1 hour Palermo-Rome, 2 hours Rome-London, 12 hours London-Singapore, 7 hours Singapore-Melbourne! And I still have to drive back to Canberra.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meet and then like Gibbo and Lynn we went south and did our own spot of Montalbano location spotting. And then we found out the old farmhouse in the agriturismo we stayed in near Ragusa was used as a location too! It's a terrace out the back of an old farmhouse. Apparently there was some sort of party there. Will have to check the DVD collection but it might be the one where they go to Mimi's sister's farm after she adopts the orphan Arab boy.

On the way back to Palermo we had three nights in Taormina and the first night was when the Targa Florio was in town. The usual evening passegiata down the main street was joined every few minutes by the cars taking part in the rally, to the great appreciation of the locals. Lots of Ferraris old and new, but I noted a couple of Giuliettas and Spiders from the 1950s, and another Alfa I didn't recognise but I took a picture on my phone so will investigate and report back.

Given that most of my holiday snaps were taken on steam-driven film cameras it will be a while before I post many images but I shall in due course in a separate thread.

Meanwhile I can report that driving in Palermo is one of those life experiences like sky-diving or tightrope-walking over Niagara.

cheers

S
How wonderful!! I am sooo glad that I couldn't find a spider to rent in Sicily....the drivers there ARE MAD!!!!!!!

Wonderful pics :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts