Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

Simple question if anyone can help.

Im replacing the bushes and all is well but the arm in the pic is being a pain.

The bush is well rusted in and im wondering if anyone knows a good way to remove these bushes, As i normally end up smashing things and so far ive not smashed anything on replacing the other bushes , so it would be nice to end up with a no smash up day :biglaugh:

At the moment ive stuck the ends in my bucket of vinegar hope that works

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
They're press fit aren't they?

Got a press handy? A 20 tonner should have the old ones out... If that fails then heat the arm with a propane/acetylene torch and have another go on the press!

·
Registered
307 Posts
As above, youll need a very strong hydraulic press to get them out, and careful you dont damage the new ones pressing them in.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx guys for the reply's and damn was hoping it was just a hard slide in

But I have got a 20 ton press but took it home to do some stuff i will try get the wife to run it over to me, as its her fault why i forgot to bring it :biglaugh: .

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought new arms ?

I would have bought new ones but i have a problem with the BRAKE LEGS

If i got new ones the wife would BREAK my LEGS :jester:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
I bought new arms ��
Ditto! Saves having to align those bushes in the right place so you don't have them over/under tensioned ...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good old wife drove to me ( my car is 65 miles away at my mothers as she has a garage and we dont ) just to bring my press Bless Her :biglaugh:
I will press the bushes in tomorrow and let you know how it goes as ive never press in a bush like this before :paranoid:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a lot easier using the press lol , I have just got to paint the last few arms and pop in the new bushes and thats every bush on the car renewed , yay :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Are the trailing arm bushes uprated or OEM?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the trailing arm bushes uprated or OEM?
All bushes are poly except the suspension tops and the ones in the picture in this thread, i couldn't find any poly bushes for these arms only the hub end

1 - 14 of 14 Posts