Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather be stuck in semi-stationary traffic - very slow moving stop start type (not accident but just congestion) but for a known amount of time... standard everyday delay

or

Go the longer way, knowing it will take slightly longer time wise but you are moving constantly and not stop start?

You know you will get home slightly later but it is a more enjoyable drive.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I feckin hate stop start driving. In fact if theres no longer but moving way, ill ride with the peasants on the bus
Even better if the longer way has lots of twisties :evil:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Longer, especially when you enjoy yours cars means you have more fun IMO.
Used to commute from Derby central to Matlock. Shortest way (Frank Whittle Way if you know it) always stop start hated it. Longest way out towards Nottingham on A52 then cut across through Locko park longer but much more enjoyable.
Short route 25 - 40 minutes depending. Long route 40 - 35 mins.
Sadly didn't have an Alfa then.

·
Registered
37,863 Posts
I will go 5 miles out of my way to avoid being stuck in traffic for 5 minutes.

It's not the waiting, it's the fact in any 2 minutes in traffic I can usually find about four muppets who leave massive gaps, cannot pull away from lights, forget where their handbrake is, are incapable of accelerating up to the speed limit, brake for three hundred yards when approaching a green light, cannot position on the road correctly (especially when turning right) or cannot drive through a gap that a 40' articulated Lorry just went through.

Morons! :rant:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I will go 5 miles out of my way to avoid being stuck in traffic for 5 minutes.

It's not the waiting, it's the fact in any 2 minutes in traffic I can usually find about four muppets who leave massive gaps, cannot pull away from lights, forget where their handbrake is, are incapable of accelerating up to the speed limit, brake for three hundred yards when approaching a green light, cannot position on the road correctly (especially when turning right) or cannot drive through a gap that a 40' articulated Lorry just went through.

Morons! :rant:
Dozy Morons.

·
Registered
15,849 Posts
Moving, always moving. However, traffic jams no longer nring me out in a cold sweat the way they did in my Saab with its peaky power delivery, heavy short travel clutch, lack of a/C, and huge amount of heat soak from the engine bay.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,563 Posts
I always take the longer yet moving route. I detest being stuck in stop start traffic when I know there's an escape route, even if it is longer. Will take the longer route 100% of 100% of times. You feel like you are beating the system :)

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
Generally speaking, there are far fewer opportunities for me to reach peak murderous if the car is moving. Therefore, I take diversions. Sometimes I don't get where I intended to go, but at least the kittens are safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts