Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Effectively brought North Bristol to a standstill this morning. A 15 minute journey to work took almost an hour. Every route into work from my house was covered by a group of clip board armed OAPs asking where people had come from and where they are going to. Nett result was everyone was late for work this morning. :rant:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
They did one here earlier this year. The A1M was backed up for 10 miles!!

·
0 Posts
I was joining the M56 the other day - the slip road was coned off to a single lane so traffic could be stopped to hand out a questionnaire - not seen it done that way before :confused:
I usually get stopped when I'm late :mad: :lol:

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Yep, but when I checked the BBC traffic website, no mention was made of it. They talked about an accident on A38, a lane closure on M32, but no mention of this s*dding census jamming up every main road!

M

·
0 Posts
If it were me i would take their clipboards and shove em right up their......:)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
We have had this recently in the roads around Manchester Airport. Made my commute much longer, but the end result of it all should be a link road that makes my commute ridiculously short!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't see that there's any more space in N Bristol to put any roads to ease congestion. They are , however, putting in bus lanes which should help....not!

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
yep, they were on the Drift Road about a month ago (just after a nice blind bend).

what i'm not sure of is what authority they have to a) request you pull over b) ask you questions. There was a sign that said 'wait here when requested to stop' or something. I'm not exactly Mr Rebel, but on who's authority can they demand/request that you stop?

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
They normally have the police with them. They certainly did when they pulled me in...
yep, they had the Police with them. But, even if they insist you stop, you can refuse to answer their questions, i assume? You're under absolutely no legal obligation to tell them where you're from/going to. It's not like you've been stopped for breaking the law, right?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutley. You're not obligued to say anything if you're stopped for doing something wrong and I guess they could never know for sure if you said that you'd set off from Lands End and were on your way to John O Groats but had got a bit lost ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts