Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to get to the back of the car in front & apply the handbrake (similar rant to Symons, but a different point)

What is it with the 'constant' nudging forward 2 feet at a time even though the lights are on red & the traffic has 'stopped' :mad:

****** stop & stay stopped!! :rant:

At times, I have joined in, & this can happen half a dozen times or more before folk are 'finally' happy with where they have stopped :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its all these diseasel owners letting their cars creep forward due to the massive torque :p :lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i hate this too, really wind me up, especially when they stop you stop behind them, then they move forward another 10 feet becasue they stopped early, leaving you with a massive gap and looking like a complete tool.

then when they do change to green they dont fecking move!!:rant::mad:

creep,creep,creep, green, stop, think, think a bit more, and move, sloooooowly:mad::rant:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do creep forward in the traffic, it intimidates the driver infront and incorouges them to move a bit faster whent he lights go green, But yes it is really annoying when people get a bit happy on the brake pedal and stop 1/4 mile back from the back of the next car causing you to do an emergency stop and beep your horn at them.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I do creep forward in the traffic, it intimidates the driver infront and incorouges them to move a bit faster whent he lights go green, But yes it is really annoying when people get a bit happy on the brake pedal and stop 1/4 mile back from the back of the next car causing you to do an emergency stop and beep your horn at them.
I do hope you're joking, Gazza. :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a traffic light junction near me on a steep hill.

I hate hill starts.

I hate people right up my **** when I perform a hill start.

So I tend to pull up behind a car leaving a lot of space.

The car behind pulls right up behind me. I can then pull up slightly and reapply the handbrake, leaving plenty of room behind me should the worst happen - I roll back, or they take off faster than I do.

It's probably a psychological thing.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
There is a traffic light junction near me on a steep hill.

I hate hill starts.

I hate people right up my **** when I perform a hill start.

So I tend to pull up behind a car leaving a lot of space.

The car behind pulls right up behind me. I can then pull up slightly and reapply the handbrake, leaving plenty of room behind me should the worst happen - I roll back, or they take off faster than I do.

It's probably a psychological thing.
I have an automatic gearbox to handle such annoyances. :thumbs:

Though I don't much like the idea of a GTV Sportronic! :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do hope you're joking, Gazza. :confused:
I am joking, and actually i try not to let things like this annoy me, afterall it is not really affecting you, Is it?

If you just ignore them and just think of how much hard work they are putting into driving, starting.stopping. And not to forget all the wear on the clutch lol.

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
I understand this rant as well. (I think)

Normally it happens on a hill. The car in front of you pulls up about 1 car length from the car in front of him/her. You then pull up behind and put on the handbrake.

The car in front now rides the clutch either rocking backwards and forwards, or creeps up to the car in front of them leaving a gap in front of you.

This makes you look an idiot for leaving a gap. :rolleyes:

Is that correct Jon?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

Normally it happens on a hill. The car in front of you pulls up about 1 car length from the car in front of him/her. You then pull up behind and put on the handbrake.

The car in front now rides the clutch either rocking backwards and forwards, or creeps up to the car in front of them leaving a gap in front of you.

Is that correct Jon?
yeah thats what i said, bloody annoying:mad:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I am joking, and actually i try not to let things like this annoy me, afterall it is not really affecting you, Is it?

If you just ignore them and just think of how much hard work they are putting into driving, starting.stopping. And not to forget all the wear on the clutch lol.
Oh good! I was hoping you weren't a lunatic! :lol:

I must admit, generally I feel the same way. I just let 'em get on with it.

The only thing that really does **** me right off, however, is those at the front of the queue who take forever and a day to pull away when the lights go green. THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU, MUPPET! :rant:

Other than that, I'm cool. :cool:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Oh good! I was hoping you weren't a lunatic! :lol:

I must admit, generally I feel the same way. I just let 'em get on with it.

The only thing that really does **** me right off, however, is those at the front of the queue who take forever and a day to pull away when the lights go green. THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU, MUPPET! :rant:

Other than that, I'm cool. :cool:
and its usually the ones that are doing the creeping that are the slow ones away:rant:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Is that correct Jon?
That's another rant :mad: :lol:

It's the 'shuffling' in general that annoys me - FFS come to a stop & ****** mean it! :rant: (your brake rant started me off, as I always apply my handbrake at lights)

..and breathe :lol:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
People who leave their main beam on when stationary is also annoying...have these people not read the highway code! :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People who leave their main beam on when stationary is also annoying...have these people not read the highway code! :lol:
Sounds like you have a problem with lights in general judging by your status lol.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Yes ! I posted the self same rant a while back, but probably didn't explain it very well; got a lot of po faced replies about the importance of leaving enough room to roll back etc.

I cannot abide people who pull up 2 car lengths short of the car in front, stop, then move forward a few seconds later. You either have to then shuffle forward as well, or sit there looking a complete t!T for having such a big gap in front of you - why do they do this ?:mad:
the only way i can explain this is there such crap drivers they cant judge distances, and have no feel for the brakes what so ever. like the ones that stamp on the brakes all the time, instead of being gentle. you know, the ones that stop using the emergancy method,all the ****** time:rant:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ran my Primera with no proper handbrake for 6 months and I didn't do that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts