Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..bloody nuisance on the road!! Yesterday afternoon driving home, got behind a queue of traffic, it was clear we were stuck behind a puffing billy. As the road was relatively straight here we all got past fairly quickly, even the guy dragging a tin tent.

A little further (2 miles?) we all join another procession, I know this will be more difficult because the road has more bends with double whites. This time it takes ages to get past, even with the traction engine doing 5mph, passing safely was difficult. We had about 20 - 30 cars in front of us, goodness knows how many behind.

Now don't get me wrong, each to their own and people like going to traction engine rallies (I assume), but moving them on a busy Sunday evening at what is peak weekend time should be illegal! :mad:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It was a Sunday and they have to get about somehow. At least unlike most slow moving obstacle they have insurance and require you to have a driving license.

And traction engines are wonderful bits of machinery, not something you get to see every day:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
There was a traction engine gathering at West Bay in Dorset on Sunday. Loads of them about. Can't say it bothers me too much though, they are probably as fanatical about their big shiny engines as we are about ours.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a Sunday and they have to get about somehow. At least unlike most slow moving obstacle they have insurance and require you to have a driving license.

And traction engines are wonderful bits of machinery, not something you get to see every day:thumbs:
Some considerate owners stick them on a lorry to move them, if I want to view them then I'd go to a rally.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Tis a pain in the parsons nose but no different to being stuck behind a tractor but I understand what your saying.

I like them myself, its very interesting and I love all the mechanics and workings of them. Fred Dibnah was class, have seen all the episodes and real shame he is with us no longer, very educational :cool:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Tis a pain in the parsons nose but no different to being stuck behind a tractor ...
Oi ... if anything I would get stuck behind the slow GTA drivers :p :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:lol: so you reckon but your just a wannabe :p
Ok Jim ... I'll give your car a race tomorrow night ... bet I'd win hands down :p

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Ok Jim ... I'll give your car a race tomorrow night ... bet I'd win hands down :p
You nob! :looser: You know my car is parked in my garage dead :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Oi ... if anything I would get stuck behind the slow GTA drivers :p :lol:
Doubt it, all that weight of computer equipment and boyeeeee amps and speakers will be slowing you down now :lol::lol::p:D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Doubt it, all that weight of computer equipment and boyeeeee amps and speakers will be slowing you down now :lol::lol::p:D
Nope I'm going to have the sub pointing out the back of my car ... thus making it super sonic :p

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Haven't you got a new battery yet Jim :rolleyes::tut:
No :eek: I rang up my local Alfa dealer and they had a battery but then said if I bring it in they would put it on Alfadiag and started saying something about throttle bodies, sod that! So its due for its MOT next month, needs a new thermostat and will get them to have a look at my knocking noise that is getting worse so I'm going to ring up RAC and get them to take it to the garage :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
No :eek: I rang up my local Alfa dealer and they had a battery but then said if I bring it in they would put it on Alfadiag and started saying something about throttle bodies, sod that! So its due for its MOT next month, needs a new thermostat and will get them to have a look at my knocking noise that is getting worse so I'm going to ring up RAC and get them to take it to the garage :D
Maybe just offering to do a throttle body reset :confused:

Knocking noise doesn't sound good :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts