Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Interesting info.

I'd see it of greatest potential to owners of non-Quadrifoglio Giulias. In the Quadrifoglio, you have the RACE option available as standard so this device has no real value.

I note the health warning applying to its use.

Incidentally, I participated in a Track Day at Silverstone on Friday organised by AROC UK and Unity Motors. It was great fun despite the hail which turned the track white for a while and resulted in a Red Flag.

On my last lap, for which the track was still quite wet, I selected RACE. Previously I'd only selected RACE on dry roads and infrequently.

Whilst it was my cooling down lap and I was taking things quite easily, I was impressed that the car was very predicable and manageable in difficult conditions.

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting info.

I'd see it of greatest potential to owners of non-Quadrifoglio Giulias. In the Quadrifoglio, you have the RACE option available as standard so this device has no real value.
Andy
To me most interesting part though is that it is possible to snoop the CAN bus, and send custom commands to control stuff
(which is as expected, but always nice to see proof ;) )

·
Registered
290 Posts
Interesting info.

I note the health warning applying to its use.

Incidentally, I participated in a Track Day at Silverstone on Friday organised by AROC UK and Unity Motors. It was great fun despite the hail which turned the track white for a while and resulted in a Red Flag.

On my last lap, for which the track was still quite wet, I selected RACE. Previously I'd only selected RACE on dry roads and infrequently.

Whilst it was my cooling down lap and I was taking things quite easily, I was impressed that the car was very predicable and manageable in difficult conditions.

Andy
I think you may have misunderstood the point of this mod. I think it is of particular interest to owners of Quads and was developed by one. This allows you to use Race mode but with traction control on. This is one of the biggest issues for me with the car as standard. Dynamic mode is just too soft for me, I much prefer Race mode. However, I never use race mode in the wet for obvious reasons. My RS6 would allow me to select the most aggressive driving mode but I could still chose whether to leave traction control on, part reactive it or fully deactivate it. I wish I could do this in the Giulia.
This mod means I should be able to still use race mode even when it's wet. I imagine this will be even more appealing to owners that still use the Corsa tyres. And those with their exhaust valves still connected. I need to look into this further but its exciting to see there is a solution to this annoying problem.
Note; testing so far on the 2.0 doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think you may have misunderstood the point of this mod. I think it is of particular interest to owners of Quads and was developed by one. This allows you to use Race mode but with traction control on. This is one of the biggest issues for me with the car as standard. Dynamic mode is just too soft for me, I much prefer Race mode. However, I never use race mode in the wet for obvious reasons. My RS6 would allow me to select the most aggressive driving mode but I could still chose whether to leave traction control on, part reactive it or fully deactivate it. I wish I could do this in the Giulia.
This mod means I should be able to still use race mode even when it's wet. I imagine this will be even more appealing to owners that still use the Corsa tyres. And those with their exhaust valves still connected. I need to look into this further but its exciting to see there is a solution to this annoying problem.
Note; testing so far on the 2.0 doesn't seem to work.
I did misunderstand.

Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know if not working on 2.0 is due to the OBD "security guard" added in 2.0? Can debug on a 2019/2.0 based QV but would be good to know if I need to get past this first.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does anyone know if not working on 2.0 is due to the OBD "security guard" added in 2.0? Can debug on a 2019/2.0 based QV but would be good to know if I need to get past this first.
depends on where you "plug in" ....
If you try via OBD, you will run into problems with the SGW.
If you connect past that, like in the above post, you should be ok (https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/tc-esc-switch-for-my-qv.45929/page-2 )
However, the 2.0 does not have the torque vectoring module, so you should find another CAN bus access point, or implement the SGW bypass to use the OBD connector

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ahh I see, 2.0 = 2.0T Giulia .... yes that would make sense (no TVM module). In that case better look into a SGW bypass :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts