Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time since I bought my 156 GTA new four years ago, I was today refused insurance because the car does not have a Tracker fitted. Has anybody else been required to fit a Tracker for their car ?

E

·
0 Posts
Always been surprised at how cheap mine is, I am with admiral and never been asked about trackers and the like.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Always been surprised at how cheap mine is, I am with admiral and never been asked about trackers and the like.
Exactly the same for me - I nearly fell over when they quoted me. I thought she was having a laugh and made her go through all the quote again :D

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Liverpool and Victoria. It is a pity that they demanded that a Tracker be fitted to my 156 GTA since they presently insure my Aston Martin DB9 Volante quite cheaply.
Is the aston without a tracker?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liverpool and Victoria. It is a pity that they demanded that a Tracker be fitted to my 156 GTA since they presently insure my Aston Martin DB9 Volante quite cheaply.
Mind you, they are quite a crap firm - I had to hang on the phone for nearly 40 minutes yesterday before anybody answered (luckily it was a Freephone number )

E

·
0 Posts
Exactly the same for me - I nearly fell over when they quoted me. I thought she was having a laugh and made her go through all the quote again :D
Every time I get the certificate through I check it says GTA and not 1.6TS. Guess I am just getting old :lol:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the aston without a tracker?

No, it is absolutely obligatory that the Aston has a Tracker which is police monitored. I am also required to have securty lights and an alarmed garage, but then, other than the GTA 156, the Aston is the cheapest car in the garage.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Every time I get the certificate through I check it says GTA and not 1.6TS. Guess I am just getting old :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I had two total losses in one year and More Than quoted me £2,200 odd for fully comp on my old selespeed :eek: :eek:
I contacted Admiral and got a quote on their multi-car thing (insuring my other halfs Seat Ibiza too) and they quoted me £460 on the GTA :wow: My missus is only paying £250 fully comp on her motor too!
I nearly bit the arm off them - doubt they have ever met someone so keen to take out an insurance policy with them before :lol:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
No, it is absolutely obligatory that the Aston has a Tracker which is police monitored. I am also required to have securty lights and an alarmed garage, but then, other than the GTA 156, the Aston is the cheapest car in the garage.
:eek: :eek: :eek: what else have you got in the garage :eek: :eek: :eek:

and whats your address :D

G

·
0 Posts
Mind you, they are quite a crap firm - I had to hang on the phone for nearly 40 minutes yesterday before anybody answered (luckily it was a Freephone number )
With all these expensive cars knocking about I'm surprised you're worrying about non freephone numbers?;)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Try Adrian Flux - very good price, no tracker required even with all my mods declared.

C

·
0 Posts
My brothers ex 147 had an inactive tracker fitted to it, must have been when it was new, so it does happen I guess.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Never been asked for a tracker but have been with the admiral group since I got the car. The price is too good to be true tbh and the quote for next year is even more unbelievable

G

·
0 Posts
I have to agree. Admiral have always been brilliant with me. Really really unbeatable prices. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Yep, I've been with Admiral since I got my GTA, they can't be beaten on price and the service is swift and effitient!

M

·
0 Posts
I just got a quote from admiral.

I have full no claims, 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed and they want £672

Kwik fit offered for £327

Andi
They seem to be more competitive on cars higher up the insurance table, don't know why!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts