Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be using aftermarket tank in back of car. My query is if it is foam filled tank will i need swirl pot inside it, i was hoping to use external fuel pump with a psi between 4 to 10 psi, open to suggestions on what psi would be best 1.6 156 model. Standard tank has been removed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok update here im told i need tank with swirl pot fitted and i can use foam filled as well with external fuel pump i need to know now what pressure pump to run anyone?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Returnless system (Plastic Fuel Rail) also run 3 bar (43.5 PSI) , the regulator sits in tank, instead of front. As the regulator is in tank, there is no matching the manifold pressure, constant 3 bar... some people reckon it is better to have the regulator up front, there will be less flow losses at Wide Open Throttle.

I have put in an aftermarket tank with foam inner and external pump, OEM 3 bar regulator up front (Aluminium Fuel Rail). I do suffer surge when tank is below 1/6. I will fit a surge tank soon. You can see my tank installation:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/374592-gtv-racer-build-2.html#post5359596

If you have the plastic fuel rail and need to make it returnless, then you have to put external FPR at the back to flow straight back to tank after pump. Or you can convert the Fuel rail to front FPR, but that takes a lot of effort

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im awaiting tank delivery im not allowed run fuel pressure regulator, its the rules. so a 3 bar pump up close to the rail is best option. i do not have a return pipe to rank as standard. the tank will have built in swirl pot. hopefully im doing this right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts