Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I ordered an item from Toys R Us, I paid £79.99 for it.

It arrived yesterday, and on logging back into the Toys R us website I have noticed that the price has dropped to £49.99 today.

Do you guys think I have a case for asking for a refund of the difference?

I could return the item to them and just buy another but that is hassle I could do without.

Cheers.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Some companies will do it if they have a 'price match' we did it with a fridge at Comets.

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is their own website, that I ordered it from that now has the lower price.

They have a 7 day return period, when you can return it for a refund.

The only problem is that I don't have the box (But they don't know that yet)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Buy another one at the lower price, then return the same one (unopened) with the previous receipt. :thumbs:

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd re order it (but use the item). When the new item arrives, simply return it as the higher priced one. Worth doing :)
Thanks Diva, the only problem with that is that the original one took 12 days to arrive. If the next one I order takes 12 days to arrive, the original one will be outside of its 7 day return period.

It does appear that the day it actually arrived with me the price on the website was less than I paid. So if I had actually gone to the shop and bought it yeasterday I would have been charged less.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
They have an extended returns policy for Christmas :cool:

Christmas purchases from Toysrus.co.uk made from the 19th October 2011 until the 22nd December 2011 which you wish to return will be accepted back up to the 13th January 2012 for a refund. You must contact us by this date if you wish to return items from your order.

Items must be returned in the condition they were originally sent, with their original packaging and suitable for resale. They can be returned to Toys R Us Direct or any Toys R Us store in the UK. There are some exceptions to this returns policy, please click here to view them.

This policy does not apply to purchases made in store, and does not affect your statutory rights for returning faulty items. Please click here to view our faulty items returns policy.

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have an extended returns policy for Christmas :cool:

Christmas purchases from Toysrus.co.uk made from the 19th October 2011 until the 22nd December 2011 which you wish to return will be accepted back up to the 13th January 2012 for a refund. You must contact us by this date if you wish to return items from your order.

Items must be returned in the condition they were originally sent, with their original packaging and suitable for resale. They can be returned to Toys R Us Direct or any Toys R Us store in the UK. There are some exceptions to this returns policy, please click here to view them.

This policy does not apply to purchases made in store, and does not affect your statutory rights for returning faulty items. Please click here to view our faulty items returns policy.
Cheers Howell,

I will see how I get on with my "refund the difference" request. If I get no joy I will do as DivaDiva suggested, and order another one and return it as the old higher priced one.

:)

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had an email back from them.

They have refunded me the £30

It is a good job I went to the shop today, otherwise I would never have known about the price being different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you buy toy from toys r us you foolish!

sell bad made toy for lots money

most make in china made by paper. strong as paper. get more money, get better toy. last longer. make offspring happy longer.

i know. my compamny make good supply of much plastic to many makers for toysrus. buy cheapest, no best. fall flat on face very quick.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts

most make in china made by paper. strong as paper. get more money, get better toy. last longer. make offspring happy longer.

i know. my compamny make good supply of much plastic to many makers for toysrus. buy cheapest, no best. fall flat on face very quick.
Brilliant! :D

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Quality.:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts