Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from toyota about 20 mins ago

toyota said:
We can exclusively reveal that the GT 86 - Toyota's exciting new sports car - will be on sale this summer starting from an extraordinary on the road price of just £24,995.
If it's as good as they say that could very well be a very hot seller.

Come on Alfa 4C is gonna be late to the party :(

Sean

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Going to be interesting with both the Subaru and the Toyota being pretty much the same

Wonder how thats going to work out?

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
4C is in another league, in both price & performance.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm not sure I'd buy a Toyobaru, but I like what it represents (or - not having driven it it, what the car mags say it represents)

- Not excessively expensive
- Good looking (jurys out, but you can tell that they made an effort)
- Most importantly, a car that aims for driver involvement and enjoyment over 'top trumps' style speed and acceleration figures.

Sounds like the kind of car Alfa should be making (or dare I say it - used to make :eek: )

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
How do you know? Nobody has driven it, the 4C could be absolutely rubbish.
They've announced it as being a 250-300bhp 900kg car that costs 40k+, which makes it faster & more expensive. It still might be rubbish, but there's no denying its speed/price. I hope its not rubbish tho..

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know! And steel wheels!
still a lotta car for 16K though, if i was into the Japanese car tuning scene it would be high up on the shopping list, hell it might be high up on the shopping list for replacement for the Brera when the time comes anyway.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I agree with what Redmatt said: this is exactly the sort of car Alfa should be making.

Interesting though the 4C is, it looks in danger of being an irrelevance; too expensive and impractical to have any widespread appeal. The FT-86/BRZ should deliver great driver involvement (which is what people want from the 4C) for a fraction of the cost.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts