Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a works rental car today to go from Poole to Birmingham and back, total of about 350miles....

Rental car was an 08 Avensis, now TBH its not a car i have taken notice of before.....and having done the journey today i can see why :confused:

Why do car makers turn out cars that are bland and unexciting? there really is no reason for doing it and no excuse for it either :tut:

It's not a bad car, stacks of features, a complete buttonfest if you like that sort of thing, but the seats are so hard i now have terrible back ache and if you chuck it into a corner with enthusiasm it understeers like a pig

I'll be glad to give it back and get my daily driver back

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
My Dad had one as a company car for just over a year. We were talking recently, and he denied he'd ever had one - completely slipped his mind. I think that says it all really. It was not a bad car, at all, just, well...forgettable:lol:

It was beige, too;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only good thing about an Avensis is the fact the stereo and the whole center piece of dash can be taking out with a 10mm socket:D

They are hideous and the steering wheel is hideous. The interior is hideous. The controls are hideous.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I did indeed own an Audi. I bought it after I started up my business because I thought I needed "something reliable" and also because, at the time, I liked the elegance of the design. Of course, what I failed to realise was that the car I traded for it, a 52,000 mile 145 1.6TS had been bombproof over the previous 2.5 years, so why I needed something "more reliable" is beyond me.

Anyway, the Audi didn't break down but, my God, was it boring to own and drive. I couldn't get rid of it quickly enough and it went after about 1.5 years, its value having dropped like a stone.

Tellingly, the 166 I replaced it with was a mechanical disaster but I loved that car as much as I hated the Audi. It's something those that think numbers and cost are everything just don't get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts