Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the RE070 and I was about to buy them again.. when I saw the Toyo R1R..

Here Passenger Car Summer Extreme Performance Tyres Tyres - TyreReviews

the Re070 looks better in statistics, although R1R has more reviews...

Has anyone had a chance to compare those two?

I don't mind having less grip in wet (when I normally drive slower anyway because you don't quite hear is when it's losing grip, and the tail goes suddenly) - if that means having more grip in dry ))

And by the way, the RE070 stay very well in wet while there is more then 4 mm thread on them, you can drive them like a A class rain tyre. Under 3 mm left things go scary )

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Unless it's a 888 Toyo really don't get my vote at all. While thy are a great dry tyre they are crap in the wet. Loz from Autolusso took them off his Lotus and my mate Dobbo crashed his Audi at the ring in them. But the bridgestones or better still get Pilot sport 3's

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm a bit of a Bridgestone fan, S001's which aren't silly money. I have Toyo's on an old TVR I had and again agree with Joss, they weren't the best. I know tyre tech moves on rapidly but I've always felt spending a little more in the things that are meant to keep you attached to the road you are travelling on goes a long way when you really need it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I see no reason not to have the RE070 again.

I thought after 3 years a new great tyre on 225/45/17 would be made,
but after looking on tests etc, it seems that in some fields technology has
reached the limit years ago

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It all depends on what you're driving on/in/and of course style. I just think for anything with meaningful BHP that has been made for the more sporting car sector the premium tyres seem to keep everything where it is. I bought a CUP years ago and it came with Wanli's on the front. If I would boot it up a curved slip road the front of the car would wash out quickly so I changed (all corners) them for Pirelli Rosso's, using the same piece of road the difference in handling/grip was significant. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that for a few extra quid your enjoyment of your car, and your safety can be greatly enhanced. Apart from Pirelli P6000 which really are a bag of sh....!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts