Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had TOYO Proxes T1 Sport tyres on his alfa romeo?? I'm about to order these tires, particulularly of dimension 215/45/18. I just want to have feedback from people that have already used them...

Thanks a lot...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now have 235/40/18 wheels but they are too wide for this car... 159 1.8 Mpi... So I want to put something more "normal" for this car.. If I had the 1.8Tbi engine, then of course I would stay in the same dimension.. Any comments about Toyo proxes T1 Sport??
David is there a particular reason I should avoid going into 215/45/18 except for the reason that this dimension isn't listed in the owners book ???

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
David is there a particular reason I should avoid going into 215/45/18 except for the reason that this dimension isn't listed in the owners book ???
1) Wrong size (you already have the wrong size and you want to go even further away from the correct size...)
2) Diameter far too small (read up on what tyre sizes actually mean)
3) Load Index far too low.

I suspect the Toyo T1 Sport will be great tyres, I've used their T1R for many years, and the T1 Sport are available in the correct 235/45R18 98Y

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
1) Wrong size (you already have the wrong size and you want to go even further away from the correct size...)
2) Diameter far too small (read up on what tyre sizes actually mean)
3) Load Index far too low.

I suspect the Toyo T1 Sport will be great tyres, I've used their T1R for many years, and the T1 Sport are available in the correct 235/45R18 98Y
same circumference as the book 16" size I think..

If a 2.4 Q4 159 SW is safe on a 98XL index tyre then the 1.8MPI will be fine on a 93XL

Sounds fine to me, except that putting a 215 tyre on an 8" wide wheel is a bit of a stretch..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess that the Proxes T1 Sport are a new model of tires.. I have a feeling that i won't be dissappointed with my choice... The 93XL load rate is adequate for the car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts