Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a straight unbolt and bolt on?

I have a friend who's 156SW has just been written off and I'd like his tow bar if it fits my 159 SW, car is over 200 miles away in a scrapyard so there is no way I can visually check, does anyone know if they have the same fitments?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
I don't know, but I'd be amazed if they were interchangeable.....

A quick search on towequipe showed up a result for the 156, but found no fitting for a 159, which tends to confirm my suspicion....

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, but I'd be amazed if they were interchangeable.....

A quick search on towequipe showed up a result for the 156, but found no fitting for a 159, which tends to confirm my suspicion....
Thanks for that, expecting to get a virtually free towbar did seem a bit optimistic, I have seen 159s with towbars though.

A

·
0 Posts
No!!! They are not the same...very few cars are interchangeable. You should always check the manufacturers website to see compatability! The 159 saloon and SW is the same though. It makes me really nervous when people mess with fitting brakes and towbars etc from the wrong models or buy them second hand off ebay....this is your safety and everyone elses thats at risk from injury:rolleyes:

Sorry it wasn't meant to be a rant:eek:.

I have a towbar on mine.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Basically no. they are completely different floorpan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts