Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went on a tour of the Morgan Motor Car factory in Malvern a couple of months ago. £10pp and it lasted about 2 hours. Absolutely fascinating place, and you get to see all aspects of the car manufacture.

The amount of time that goes into each car is just phenomenal, and the skills evident in that factory is amazing. I know if I have about £30k to spend on a open top tourer, where it will be going.

A few pictures below. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Some great pictures! Cheers alfabeat :thumbs:

My Dads been on that tour. It must be the only car factory in the world where workers are walking between buildings carrying large bits of wood in what appears to be a largely piecemeal fashion. ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Fantastic, splendiferous photos there mate. :thumbs: I just love those Morgans.:thumbs: Had a three wheeler with the front 'V' engine that parked in our street in about '46 which enthralled me as a child.J.A.P. engine iirc? But I may have that a bit muddled? :confused: Well try remembering back '63 yrs. my LTM is a bit foggy now.:(: You must have a very good camera? :):

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was very "heath robinson" style there - bits of cars eveywhere, and every single car that coms out the other end is different. The people working there were clearly enjoying their work as well, which is great to see - and also very welcoming of us peering over their shoulders and asking the odd question. Pics taken on my rubbish Blackberry phone - so I'm surprised they came out as good as they did.

The picture of the small 3 wheeler in the crate, is being shipped with its big brother. The work that goes into these "toy peddle" cars is incredible.

Well recommended if you are in Malvern - beautiful town and some fantastic walks up in the hills.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Zulu. I have owned a Matchless-engined Super Sports since 2003. Air-cooled, although they also made a water-cooled version of the same engine - known as an MX4 as opposed to the air-cooled MX2. Previous to that, J.A.P. engines were mostly used. Changeover from J.A.P. to Matchless occurring about 1932. They also did a side-valve water-cooled engine known as the MX that was fitted in some lower performance models. All three versions of the engine were derived from the pre-war Matchless X 990cc motorcycle engine.

Top speed about 74mph as opposed to the 115mph that the new Morgan Three-Wheeler is capable of.

It would be interesting to know which town and street the car resided as the club historian has information on some cars that includes details of all owners and addresses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts