Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had strange problem this morning, got in car to go out and it seemed to have a flat battery, well no power to start the car at all. Then I noticed that the clock had reset to 0:00 and the radio had lost all its settings.

I was sat holding the ignition at the start position with nothing happening when I heard three 'clicks' (from where I don't know) and the ignition came back to life.

The car ran a little rough for a while which I presume was the ECU re-learning and it has been fine since.

It did rain like hell for most of yesterday, went out in the car a few times and am wondering if, well I don't know what I'm wondering other than I'm assuming I somehow lost the main feed from the battery to the ignition and or ECU after parking up for the last time yesterday.

Anyone come accross this problem before ?

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Sounds a bit wierd, have you checked the battery terminals, they may be corroded or your battery may be on its way out all together(more likely), had a similar problem on my first car. is the alarm system ok? usually they wil buger up with this sort of thing, i know mine did :mad: :rolleyes:
Hope it doesnt happen to you again
:)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, have checked the battery and the terminals are fine, just been out in it now and it started no problem. All seems to be OK even with the fan, lights and wipers on...

I didn't think the Silverstone had an alarm (the insurance database doesn't show one as being factory fitted and there are no pressure sensors etc mounted anywhere) which is why I hadn't given it a thought. Mind you, they were supposed to be fitted with six speakers and mine only has four..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it does it again connect a jump lead from the battery negative to the engine block....you may have a main earth strap beaking up.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
oh well, wonderful world of italian electrics, alfa twinspark rasp beats any amount of speakers ;) , iv ony got the 4 speakers too,
glad its kinda sorted,lets wait for the next downpour! :D

Jack

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Happened to me a while ago :rolleyes: sometimes was ok other times as you decribe

Turned out to be one of the small leads on the Battery Positive having a poor connection...........Tightened it up and all has been well since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts