• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Where does it say that on the NHS's site? My information was from the NHS website, see What is the body mass index (BMI)?
They're the authority for the UK. I'll go with that! Not that it concerns me as I'm not their typical visitor LOL.

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
I'm talking about the NHS.

·
Administrator
45,539 Posts
Where does it say that on the NHS's site? My information was from the NHS website, see What is the body mass index (BMI)?
They're the authority for the UK. I'll go with that! Not that it concerns me as I'm not their typical visitor LOL.
Working out what BMI figure is considered to be within each of the categories is based on the percentage of 'normal'. So it's not a contentious claim at all.

(This is how all lab values are considered - you have reference ranges of upper and lower limits of normal so that you can quickly spot outliers, then with some you have levels of severity based on multiples of the ULN or 'upper limit of normal'.)

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Working out what BMI figure is considered to be within each of the categories is based on the percentage of 'normal'. So it's not a contentious claim at all.

(This is how all lab values are considered - you have reference ranges of upper and lower limits of normal so that you can quickly spot outliers, then with some you have levels of severity based on multiples of the ULN or 'upper limit of normal'.)
You've missed the point I was making.
I was seeking verification, supposedly on the NHS's website, to post #20 but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
This is really a rant but it seems best placed here.

I usually walk 3-4 miles a day minimum. I walk to the station, go out for a walk at lunch, walk the dog when I get home etc. At the moment I'm working from home so, rather than 3-4 smaller walks, I'm doing 3-4 miles in one hit. My aim is to do more miles this week than last, and more miles next week.......

I'm fortunate in that I can walk from my house on very quiet paths where the dog can run and there's no traffic.

There is a problem though. One of the reasons I only go to local country parks early in the day before everyone has got up is because everyone basically gets on my ****. They turn up in their 4x4s, wearing £500 worth of walking clobber to do a walk you could do in your slippers.

Because we are on lockdown, the bastards are venturing onto my lovely quiet disused railway lines and United Utilities access roads dressed head to toe in Berghaus, with maps, compasses, walking poles, rucksacks, energy drinks, rations, the lot. They have their daft trophy dogs that have never been off a lead before so don't know how to behave around other dogs. As well as being completely ridiculous, they all walk painfully slowly, and keep stopping on really narrow paths, making the whole 2 metre thing tricky. If they come to a puddle they look baffled because they don't want to get their boots or dog dirty, and getting over a stile is completely beyond them.

It's great that people are getting out, and maybe by the end of this we might all be a bit fitter, but for God's sake, if you're going to walk, put your back into it and work up a sweat.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts