Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

Just wanted to see if it was at all possible to get my insurane to around the £500 mark at renewal time (in October) my stats are:

29 Year old (on Friday 5th!)
5 Year no claims
No Points int helast 5 years
No Accidents in the last 5 years
Post code starts SL1 (Slough)
Parked on driveway.

The lowest i've got so far is £670 for fully comp. i've had a quote from Adrian Flux and it wasnt that much less that what im paying now, but what would be the best thing to do to get it lower?

can it be done?

Thanks !

UMB

V

·
0 Posts
have you shopped around, try tesco or direct line i've found them to be best, i suppose the only other solution might be to increase security on the car and fit a tracker or something.

670 seems high to me considering your details maybe its your postcode or profession they don't seem to like

·
Registered
187 Posts
Try Aviva? I was being quoted £1200 from most places for my 156 1.9 jtd. (I am 19 with 1 years ncb)
Aviva sorted me out fully comp for £800 :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Try greenlight they do performance / Modded cars

K

·
0 Posts
Go on confused.com. Get the cheapest quotes and ring them up and see if they can do any better.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yup just went to go compare and got £388 fully comp 1 yrs no claims through Quinns in Ireland.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just got mine thru adrian flux about 400.

26 yrs old with 38 yr old named driver
6yrs no claims
1xsp30
1 vandalisim claim
1 non fault accident

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now im really confused!!

im currently with directline who also own tesco, so i get a difference of 24p in both premiums, they cant tell me the renewal amount yet but its in the region of £630...

Aviva/more th>n/adrian flux are all above £1000 :confused:

Cheapest on Money Supermarket was £628 (quotea.co.uk)
Cheapest on Confused.com was £644 (quotea.co.uk)

thats really annoying!

anyone from an insurance company now any tricks of the trade? My 7 series before this was cheaper, but then that was in a lower insurance group

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes its possible

I think age is the key though. I have paid between £400 and £500 for the past couple of years. I'm 37 now but hitting 35 made a big difference. Trading down from a 156GTA to a 159 3.2JTS helped too! I have 5 years NCB and one SP30 5 years ago, no claims and live in suburban Manchester. Chris Knott Insurance placed me with Equity Red Star.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was paying £700 on my Alfa GTV V6 with Admiral when I was around 22/23 with less NCD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts