Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I hade one for 32 years, sadly it didn't survive the hard winter a couple of years ago, there's a thread on here somewhere about Tortoises.

Check out The Tortoise Society in Edgbaston (IIRC)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Am babysitting? my next door neighbours tortoise Neil next week as we do every year when they go away, he's around 75 or so I'm told passed down through the family.
When its warm he wants fed maybe 2-3 times a day which is only a few bit's of salad offcasts, and we have to clean his 'presents' up which are just like small slugs, but other than that that's it.
Think the only other bit is the hibernation thing, as in putting them away somewhere safe and checking on them over the winter and remembering to get them out when the weather warms up.

And they can shift a bit when they are chasing a lettuce leaf, quite surprising really.

C

·
0 Posts
I remember my cousin having one, and when they travelled to visit and stay with us, they would bring it with them. Even as a small child, I remember thinking "What a useless pet".

However, driving through Greece and Turkey, you have to be careful not to run them over, as they're all over the place in certain areas.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
My dad bought two when i was about 4-5 years old. We had them for many years. My mum decided with my brother to give them away to a pet shop without telling anything to me and my dad about two years ago.

They need a lot of cleaning thought unless you have a very good filter. We always had trouble with those :p

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Shant old pal,
I think you had two TURTLES which live in water etc.
EVEL is asking about TORTOISE whic live on dry land etc.
Both look alike with a shell, two arms, two legs, a head and a tail so easily confused, hope this helps :)

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Shant old pal,
I think you had two TURTLES which live in water etc.
EVEL is asking about TORTOISE whic live on dry land etc.
Both look alike with a shell, two arms, two legs, a head and a tail so easily confused, hope this helps :)
Oh :eek:

:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts