Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here noticed the car pulling over the centre line when giving it the beans? I was on a very rough road today and it was not a smooth ride. The car pulled over to the side of least resistance.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Thats just the way the car is. Mine is in perfect condition drives very straight and have Michelin PS4 s on the car. Its because its FWD theres too much power going through the front wheels. It was the same as my GTV V6 before also.

And if you have the 1750 Turbo like me there will be Tubo Lag. I remember I was passing a slow car on a country road and went to overtake on full throttle. Well the car was ok until the turbo kicked in and the car almost skated off the road into the ditch with the torque steer and negative camber road. I had to really wrestle the car back on the straight road was really shocking. Anyway since then Im careful where I give it full throttle. :rofl:

·
Registered
38,296 Posts
Ours does it a bit despite having new suspension bits recently. You notice it more after spending time in a RWD car.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the car for 5 years now and I've never noticed it as much as yesterday. My tyres were all changed for brand new in December, so wear isn't an issue. I am now worried all the potholes where I live may have damaged the suspension to be honest.

·
Registered
38,296 Posts
Yesterday was quite a bit warmer than it has been of late. Maybe the warmer temperatures have increased the tyre pressures and reduced the tyre footprint?

Also the tyres temselves get softer in warmer weather, especially the tread blocks.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday was quite a bit warmer than it has been of late. Maybe the warmer temperatures have increased the tyre pressures and reduced the tyre footprint?

Also the tyres temselves get softer in warmer weather, especially the tread blocks.
After a particularly hard drive home this afternoon in the rain I think it might just have been the unfamiliar roads I was driving on were very poor surfaces, they were extremely uneven and a lot of adverse cambers.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
If its of any benefit I drove a 911 S (997) and even that had something similar to torque steer.

Everytime you accelerated hard the nose would lift up although granted it doesnt steer off line its still dosconcerting that the nose lifts up more than I would have liked.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is a brilliant review of the Veloce here in a video, he mentions torque steer at 10.35.

Can anyone tell me what app he has on the uconnect screen? looks like lots of info and numbers, would love to be able to use my screen like that but never looked into it as of yet??

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It is one of the screens of the live version u-connect in the performance section.
To be sure, let me know at which time you refer to.

·
Registered
35,771 Posts
It's the AlfaPerformance app. Mine has it. Most useful function is battery charge to see how much it's discharged and whether start/stop will actuate.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks cue,

It looks more exciting on the video, unfortunately my car hasn't got start/stop .......just stop or full pelt

·
Registered
35,771 Posts
Pretty distracting really to check the g-forces when you're cornering! It will save the data but I've never deliberately done that.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
yeah, just one of a dozen screens.
Like cue2, I think it is more of a distraction while driving.......
Also, the fact that the data is stored in the app isn't useful for the g-forces, since it only stores the highest value for that drive.

One would be better off using a wireless or bt OBDII Dongle and an app like Torque.You display an record any value you like. All that for just a few pennies.

·
Registered
35,771 Posts
The passenger might enjoy watching Alfa Performance. I certainly would not be happy if I'd ordered it at extra cost! It's part of the Veloce Pack on the Speciale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone on here noticed the car pulling over the centre line when giving it the beans? I was on a very rough road today and it was not a smooth ride. The car pulled over to the side of least resistance.
Have you checked if your wheels are balanced? In mine before getting the wheels balanced at high speeds the car tried pulling to the right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts