Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my previous Giulietta followed the camber of the road under heavy acceleration at times. This was on 18" wheels and in a straight line.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
it dependsheavily on the tyres fitted. with the crossclimates, no steering corrections are EVER necessary, while the Hankook ventus prime2 are more like jack russels running to anything catching their attention.

·
Registered
35,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weirdest and most addictive torque feeling , which you don't get with eQ2 is that of the mechanical Q2 I had on my 147. You'd want to go round the roundabout again but you don't notice what the abs is up to on the Giulietta. The fact that it's faster and easier isn't the point!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yes, I would like a quaife or Q2 in my TCT, combined with the eQ2 you'd get some sort of locking diferential. I can sometimes feel the eQ2 engaging, whe going around a fast corner, thinking I'm near the edge of grip, putting more power down and feel the line tightening instead of widening.

·
Registered
35,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can they be combined without problems? I've seen somebody has put eQ2 and Q2 together but I'd expect them to fight each other somehow?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yes, it can be combined. I can't tell you which system would be dominant (I somehow expect it might be the eQ2) but once one system reaches the limit of it's transfer capabilities the other will step in and add to that. Both react to speed differences between the left and right axle, and both add friction to the speeding side to slow it down. Difference is that the ATB needs resistance on both sides (a lifted wheel means no torque transer) and the eQ2 doesn't strictly need that. Depends on the programming.

Since both do the same, they might reinforce each other, but they won't fight each other. However, torque steer is increased and if you don't realise that or expect the opposite you'd describe it as both systems fighting each other.

Anyway, Autolusso offers a Quaife for the C635 box. Someone will have it installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts