Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sorry to be a pain can anybody help me out with Torque settings for Mains, Big ends, Flywheel to crank, and Screw at end of crank that holds cam belt pulley on and importantly is it left or right handed thread?
Thanks Mick.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Can't help immediately as my laptop with elearn is at homem, but I can later.

Tried to PM you but your inbox box is full!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Gary, Will you be able to tell me about the Thread on crank bolt ,Left or Right don`t want to shear it off as it seams extremly tight. Do you know as well do you replace cap bolts or reuse.
Thanks again Mick. Hope to be at Donnington on Sun sounds good fun.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I'll see if it mentions it in the elearn pages. But if it's like other cars I think it undoes anti-clockwise so left handed thread? I did my Pug 206 belt a few months ago and sure I turned it anti-clock.

I'm sure others have done this ... have you tried a search on the forum?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Mains: 2.4-2.6 + 100 degrees
Big-ends: 2.4-2.6 + 60 degrees
Flywheel: 12.1-14.9
Crankshaft Pulley: This is the one with four M8 bolts ... 2.4-2.9
Behind that is the Toothed Drive Pulley (M16 left hand thread): 34.0-37.8!

These are DaNM so x10 for Nm. So 340-378Nm for that pulley bolt!!

I wasn't sure about the toothed drive pulley but this is what is says in elearn and DTE.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I think so, that way it continues to try and tighten itself as the engine will turn clockwise too as it runs ... it can't come loose that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Gazza. Do you have torque settings and sequence for head bolts i ended up with head off to change a conrod and piston both damaged when big end failed. Thanks Mick.

D

·
0 Posts
Bolt
CYLINDER HEAD
M10
(Engine crankcase side) 4.0 + 90˚ + 90˚ + 90 - in Da NM

Seq
10 6 2 4 8
7 3 1 5 9

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Bolt sequence here

Single 4.0 isn't quite right, it's 2.0 then 2.0 otherwise you can buckle the head. Then 90 degrees x 3 for each bolt in sequence.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello chaps, I was following this post in eager anticipation it might reveal the specs for the rocker cover bolts, I replaced my rocker cover gasket, all went really well till the top bolt by the oil filler cap snapped, so I need a new one, could anybody tell me the size of this bolts please,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts