Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805 - I've had Torque Pro for a while but always found it a bit clunky, this is pretty straightforward once you've done initial setup and chosen gauges.

Is it worth having the boost gauge, how accurate is it? And does anyone know if it's possible to speed up sensor polling on Giulias? I've selected "Faster communication" mode in Torque but it still only updates a few times per second.

Also, which sensors do you think are most useful to have on screen?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi there.
Want to have this in my Giulia, but it seems a bit confusing to get to work.
Was it a lot of work?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
it depends on many factors with your phone (android version, security/configs set by phone manufacturer, if it is rooted or not etc). I had it once a few months ago, but got rid of it finding it not yet mature. another problem with GIulia is that a lot of parameters on OBD are not at the addresses generic OBD specs says, so a lot of parameters Torque reads were anyway stuck at low limit.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Also I think Turbo Boost Torque Pro reads is capped at 25 psi which is below the actual boost pressure from the turbos on both the 2.0 and the Quad. So it is a bit useless.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That looks really cool. Shame you can't use AA on the whole display though.
On a previous car when playing about with cold air feeds and air intakes I installed Torque Pro onto a small Samsung tablet to monitor mass air flow, intake temperatures etc. You could do the same with an old tablet / phone if you want to experiment with the sensors, samples rates etc before deciding if you want to go through the trouble of getting it to work with the car's built in display?
I used to have mine attached to my sun visor with a couple of elastic bands when I want to do any testing. when folder up no-one could see it was there. I also tried to stick it to the top of the dashboard and have the tablet display in mirror mode so it effectively became a heads up display. It sort of worked but wasn't brilliant so didn't last long.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm a longstanding MES user, but I've never tried 'Multiecuscan for iOS'.

That is perhaps more likely to work well with the Giulia and Car Play than Torque Pro seems to. No help for Android users, of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts