Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, I am hoping to attempt replacing drivers side outer CV Joint boot which has split. Has anyone got info on Toque setting for bits I will need to take apart e.g. axel Nut , etc together with some details on any particular tools, socket sizes I will require.

Worth checking before attempting and starting to take bits of car apart. 1999 Ph2 3.0 just in case.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
The tightening is an inital load to 67 to 74 nM and then an angular additional torque of 60° +/- 2°. That doesn't sound much, but it is!

I think the socket size is 34mm and probably needs thinning at the end as per Wayne ^.

Make sure the CV boot kit includes a new drive shaft nut as it is peened into the driveshaft and is not reusable. Put Plusgas ( not standard WD40 ) on the strut and wishbone balljoint nuts and allow to seep in.

You'll find most of the torque values in Vol 1 of the workshop manual ( section 00 page 28 ). You'll find the procedure in vol 1 section 27.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It's a slight bodge but if you're just replacing a cv boot or similar you can tighten the hub nut up to the exact same place it was and reuse the stake and you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts