Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd best check... I'm re-filling my gearbox and final drive oil through the dipstick hole. Is that the right thing to do? (1989 3.0 12V V6) I'm sure I've done it that way before in the past, but my mind's a blank right now! The workshop manual isn't especially illuminating. It just says "...and re-fill". There isn't a separate filler hole for the gearbox and for the diff, is there?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just thought I'd best check... I'm re-filling my gearbox and final drive oil through the dipstick hole. Is that the right thing to do? (1989 3.0 12V V6) I'm sure I've done it that way before in the past, but my mind's a blank right now! The workshop manual isn't especially illuminating. It just says "...and re-fill". There isn't a separate filler hole for the gearbox and for the diff, is there?
Yeah thats right, Straight down the dipstick hole, i have to do the same with my GTA but the bloody oil hasnt shown up for a week :mad:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think that's right, I seem to recall you're meant to fill it until it starts to run out of another hole on the side of the gearbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts