Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firslty, where is the cheapest 2 get them :):)

seondly i got priced at 160 inc vat per side for part and labour from arnold clark, surely this is a little steep.

any1 got advice?

cheers
Eltigro

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
front or rear, i had to replace one in the rear and part plus labour set me back about £90 I think the part was about 10 or 15 quid, I have it on an invioce at home. From what i recall they have to remove some interior linings and stuff like that to do it but over and hour to do it :confused: did seem high to me but they also had to diagnose the knocking/rattle first I suppose, which apparently involved a mechanic in the boot whilst another driving about.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the front mate, its where the top of the hub sits with like a ball joint :):) lol, im sooo technical!! just realised ive got the eper catalogue here, will have a wee looky. its like a y shaped bracket with a ball joint.

any takers :)

eltigro

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah it must be bud, like a y-shape with a rubber ball joint on the end.

is the rubber bacll joint called the 'top suspenion arm ball joint' and is it seperate from the upper wishbone?

cheers ears

eltigro

·
Registered
30,526 Posts
yep probably would be called "top suspension arm ball joint" and unfortunately is part of the wishbone and not available separately.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David C said:
yep probably would be called "top suspension arm ball joint" and unfortunately is part of the wishbone and not available separately.
cheers mate, any1 have isea of costs and fitting etc.

Eltigro

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
30,526 Posts
Yes that is them.
They are handed, so the left part is different to the right part.
If you want the pair (and you would usually change the pair) they have these

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers mate,

off to call round for prices.

as a sidenote will the front end need laser tracked again?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok arnold clark the stealers quoted me 89!?!?! for the part, each. i can get both of them on ebay for that!!

also 53+vat per side for labout.

total £300 and some change!!!

are the ones on flea bay of decent quality, any1 got any experience?

cheers.

·
Registered
30,526 Posts
Hopefully Arnold Clarke are quoting for the OEM Alfa part, the ones on eBay are not OEM.

There was a shortage of the OEM wishbones towards the end of last year, but I hear they are available again.

Try Mangos for a price.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mritaly said:
aye exactly, imagine driving a car like that + being a student!!!!!
haha, not a student no more, but was when i got the car!!! ah ure in fife!!! the centre of the known world. u maybe seen me aboot, silver GTA wi split rims and 'K* GTA' plate on it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
David C said:
Hopefully Arnold Clarke are quoting for the OEM Alfa part, the ones on eBay are not OEM.

There was a shortage of the OEM wishbones towards the end of last year, but I hear they are available again.

Try Mangos for a price.
did try mango's!!!! EEESH!!!! 42 quid each plus vat, original alfa part. story goes they have dropped in price and the new part with the new part number only retails at 42+vat whereas the old part number retailed around the 89 quid price.

apparently a/clark are still punting the old part number.

cheers mate!!! saved me a packet.

Eltigro

·
Registered
120 Posts
No not seen u about, i am a kdy man, so i'll look out for ya, , chhers dude. my m.o.t is coming up soon , got a funny feeling i may need those suspension arms too, theres a lot of clunking goin on on mines now + again!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.