Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suppose you took your 159 tbi out to Germany and suppose you went onto an autobahn and suppose you put your foot flat, where do you think your car would top out?..

I had the good fortune of running into a large stretch of privately owned, tarred land in my 159 1750 Ti a few weekends ago and had a little go, and this was the result: Not bad for a little 1750 turbo?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Suppose you took your 159 tbi out to Germany and suppose you went onto an autobahn and suppose you put your foot flat, where do you think your car would top out?..

I had the good fortune of running into a large stretch of privately owned, tarred land in my 159 1750 Ti a few weekends ago and had a little go, and this was the result: Not bad for a little 1750 turbo?
I'm amazed -- 160MPH :confused: The top end on my 2.4 ti diesel says 140mph in the book and I've proved that to be correct and it was still pulling BUT no more tarmac before the corner came up --- mine's been remapped too ;)

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
+1 above, the VDO gauges in the 159 are pretty much bang on with the GPS, no more than 1 or 2% variance even at high speed.

I have had the oil burner up to 140ish on the speedo, but had to back off as my tyre pressure warning system lit up like an xmas tree leaving me with a second or two of "clenching" as I feared all 4 tyres were about to explode!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone tested the claimed 250km/h in a JTS V6? I haven't had either the gonads or space to hit above 200 yet, but it certainly felt like it had a long way to go.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Anyone tested the claimed 250km/h in a JTS V6? I haven't had either the gonads or space to hit above 200 yet, but it certainly felt like it had a long way to go.
They got past 160 mph ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm managed 140 on the A1M in my v6 that was enough for me on a public road. And I let an Audi a5 past !!! Could have gone more tho

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You need a long flat run. At Bruntingthorpe, I was just clipping 5th (145) before standing on the brakes at the end of the runway. It's just under 2 miles long.

She will pull hard in 5th though but acceleration slows as you pass 150. 163 is a level V max in this car. My previous mapped Brera hit 167:wow:

Unlike our GT, the Brera is totally relaxed & civilised at that speed.

In our GT, I was crapping myself at 163 (Germany, 2008 on the way back from the Mille Miglia), especially when I lifted off because of a "slow" 911:eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can well believe the 3.2 JTS will run beyond 160.
Been told that by a mate at work who claims he's seen 160 a few times in his V6 Brera.
Would love to give my 159 a blast down the Bruntingthorpe runway to see what it can do.
Very impressive 152 for the 1750tbi btw.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can well believe the 3.2 JTS will run beyond 160.
Been told that by a mate at work who claims he's seen 160 a few times in his V6 Brera.
Would love to give my 159 a blast down the Bruntingthorpe runway to see what it can do.
Very impressive 152 for the 1750tbi btw.
:thumbs::D

·
Registered
127 Posts
250 km/h (155 mph) with my remapped Spider on 19 inch wheels (245/35R19) and it was still pulling...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts