Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a few posts it has got me thinking what is the fastest you have been in a car whilst you are driving NOT being a passanger. I will start things rolling I done 148mph in alfa romeo 146ti which had a few mods done to it.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I'm not sure this is a healthy topic to be honest...

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Off the clock in my 200SX, estimate around 150-155mph.

But that was when I was younger and far more stupid. IMO massive speeding on the public road is for eedjits

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Does it have to be car or can it be motorbike?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Does it have to be car or can it be motorbike?
As I read the first bit of that sentence I assumed you were going to say 'go-kart' and suddenly had a vision of you in a suped up kart bombing along a straight track at 150mph with your arse only an inch off the ground :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
My Kart will do 150 as is :lol:......just have to change the sprockets for a long circuit set up :lol:

At the moment though she is set up for short curcuit racing so realistic top speed of about 110.....still fast enough when your arse cheeks are kissing the cats eyes :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Or just more stupid :lol:

heres an on board vid of one of the karts we race YouTube - kart 250

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
JESUS CHRIST! I can't imagine driving one of those on a street cricuit... I wouldn't be able to walk away from it with the lower half of my body numb from the vibrations!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
:lol: they can be a bit shaky on anything but the smoothest tarmac yes :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Anyway, back on topic, I have done 155 in my old Evo and 195 on the clock on ZX9R I used to have :)

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
:lol: they are pretty quick, basically mini F1 cars. If I remember rightly (from what i've been told) our karts will outstrip a F1 car 0-60 and back down to 0 again :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts