Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Owner member review: We have picked on Pete as he is our very own in-house morale officer!
---------------------------------

Forum name: Spiderman

Lives: Hertfordshire

Married, 0 kids, 2 cats.

What cars do you drive and why?
Alfa Spider 2.0 TS at weekends because, well its just damn beautiful is why. Also drive a Vectra, mainly cos its free and comes with the job. You think Id drive one out of choice?

What started your passion for Alfa Romeo?
Seeing and hearing a neighbour drive to work in his beautiful black GTV6 everyday when I was a kid. I can still remember what it sounded like even now. Also a ride in an old 2.0 GTV and drives in a mates Sud Ti when I was younger. Had to wait until recently to get one as my own, initially a 156 which was run as a company car. Had to give it back when I changed jobs. Shame.

What do you like most about Alfas?
Its indefinable really. A combination of the looks, history, evocative name and that intangible thing called character. Theres not much else available thats as sexy for the money either. I like to think of Alfas as a stepping-stone in the ranks of the great Italian cars. I always smile when I hear of the GTVV6 described as the poor mans Ferrari, because it brings every bit of that specialness, but to a much larger audience.
Also the enthusiasm of the owners is very inspiring. Not many other marques do that.

What do you like least about Alfas?
The friggin dealers are the obvious anwer but then I went in to Alfa ownership knowing that was the case! Worse are peoples preconceptions of Alfas. Oh they rust and break down all the time, dont they? being the most common.

What would be your dream cars?
Alfa wise Id love an ES30 SZ or overlooking for a moment the fact that it was never built, the Nuvola. Modern non-Alfa favourite would be an Aston Vanquish, older favourite a Ferrari 288GTO because I think they are exquisite, combining beauty yet an underlying sense of power and menace.

What car would you least like to have?
BMW would be too obvious an answer. Its the stereotypical owner that is to blame for their reputation rather than the cars themselves. Some cars are ugly yet have character. However with very few exceptions Id nominate most Jap cars. Blandness is just the worst trait in a car. Look at something like a Toyota Camry as an example! (Do you think theres a Camry forum?

Most popular thread
Why I chose a beige car to go with my carpet slippers?)

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
Angelina Jolie+Faithless`s Reverence+Tuscany = Sheer bliss. Pretty damn unlikely too! (Although I hear shes on the market again.)

Any humorous Alfa or car related stories you wish to share with us?
The time I was towed in my old Beetle and my rear wheel fell off, the time I crashed the car that I had just spent 3 years restoring, the time I took a mates Dolomite Sprint rallying around a mates farm, the time the rear suspension collapsed.

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
Play Rugby for a local team, (2nd row forward, because Im too slow for anything else); love Skiing, trying my hand at snowboarding now too. Its probably about time I found some sports that are a little less painful.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (e.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
As a kid I was once on The Wide Awake club with Michaela Strachan, featured skiing down a dry ski slope. Very embarrassing.

What do you like most about Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, posts you wish to share?
I have to say the thread, which involved the flame war with our BMW driving friends, was a classic. A well ordered bun fight is always enjoyable!
Lots of tongue in cheek stuff too. At the end of the day the you cant take it all too seriously.

Photo to be attached soon we hope!

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
How come nobody answered to this thread?!?!? :confused:

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Melon basket, Kermit :D ,

This was the first AO interview if I recollect well. If you look at the date when this interview was posted, you'll see 19-9-2002 wink

Yours trully,

The Cheeky Chimp :D :D :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Melon basket, Kermit :D ,

This was the first AO interview if I recollect well. If you look at the date when this interview was posted, you'll see 19-9-2002 wink

Yours trully,

The Cheeky Chimp :D :D :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And... we only now someone said something because Pete changed his name to Spiderman :rolleyes: Poor Pete... :rolleyes:

Pete, we never forget you :D :D :D :D wink

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Pete defintively has the 'Right stuff' way to go Pete !!!!! wink

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
My my... Is this thread's title misleading or what?? :D

W

·
0 Posts
May not be the top poster any more but his kiddie count has increased...

wrinx

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
wrinx said:
May not be the top poster any more but his kiddie count has increased...

wrinx
So true. :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Pete, top poster... :lol: ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHA :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

:D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
alfaowner said:
Alfa Owner member review: We have picked on Pete as he is our very own in-house morale officer!
---------------------------------

Married, 0 kids, 2 cats.

What cars do you drive and why?
Alfa Spider 2.0 TS at weekends because, well its just damn beautiful is why. Also drive a Vectra, mainly cos its free and comes with the job. You think Id drive one out of choice?

What car would you least like to have?
... However with very few exceptions Id nominate most Jap cars. ....
Ehrrrr... can we have an update please :confused:
;)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Wimster said:
Ehrrrr... can we have an update please :confused:
;)
The superb Honda Accord being one of the very few exception,of course,Wim. ;)
Now nearly 36 (old enugh to have an Accord)
And now have 2 kids. :)
And 2 goldfish aswell as the 2 cats.
And no Spider. :(
And no dosh.
(The last 4 sentencess might somehow be related....... ;)
Fave cars might be the same,except the Vanquish would be the S version.....or a Vantage or a Noble M400....or an Exige 240R....or........ :)
But ideal drive,is definitely the same,if somewhat wishful thinking......... ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts