Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think? Prices seem a bit generous... and no GT?!?!

TG

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
No GT is a strange one, but the Brera has it on looks tbh. The prices do seem a bit high, but not overly.

Seems like a short feature that has just been chucked together because of the arrival of the 4C.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely.. but you never know might help someone shift a car that's been for sale for a while :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Indeed. I have noticed a rise in V6 prices, albeit small, over the last 6 months or so. I think it's to do with the barrage of 4c reviews in the press, that all mentio the fact the 4C is 'lacking a V6'

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Fuel prices have also dropped a bit in the last 6 months, that might have an impact on the desirability of V6's.

The GT should have been there in 3.2 form. IMO it is better looking car than the Brera, and it has a proper engine. :p

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Fuel prices have also dropped a bit in the last 6 months, that might have an impact on the desirability of V6's.

The GT should have been there in 3.2 form. IMO it is better looking car than the Brera, and it has a proper engine. :p
Good point about the fuel prices.

A well specced Brera looks better than a well specced GT. Though I would take a Dijon blue GT with 18" jet fins and black leather over any Brera with 17" alloys on it. Front end of a Brera looks better, as does the back, the lights of a GT let it down. The side profile of a GT takes it over a Brera though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Brera looks better from the front and the GT from behind.

If they did a GT with the Brera nose/lights red with tan leather and 18" jetfins. and the 3.2 Busso that would be me in heaven :)

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Lol, The Golf was chosen because I have just about done Alfa's to death in the last few years and I fancied a change... And I got the version with the most interesting engine. ;)

The Concept versions of the Brera looked stunning, but the production version looks overweight and ungainly.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
As I always say, run one of each at the same time like we do and then draw your conclusions......

The conclusions is easy - the Brera is a much better daily driver and gets far more interest from the general public when stopped or parked, still :)

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
As I always say, run one of each at the same time like we do and then draw your conclusions......

The conclusions is easy - the Brera is a much better daily driver and gets far more interest from the general public when stopped or parked, still :)

The general public still think that Alfa's are rusty and unreliable.

What would they know? :p ;)

I am sure the ride and Handling on the Brera are better though as it is a newer design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts