Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice what Richard Hammond drove over in that segment in South Africa?
:-( couldn't they have chosen something more worthy of getting trashed :)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Is this a new series,surely it's 10 years old? They still appear to be telling us how crap MGs are. There'll be a Ferrari along soon with one of them doing unspeakable things over it.
Ooops edit, just looked back at the screen, it's a BMW, shock and surprise.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Complaint sent :tut: but let's remember that if this had been a ford or a fiat etc then complaints would be coming from their enthusiasts :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
He crushed a 156.
He just played his petrolhead card. Hand it over, Hammond.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi i agree with most of whats been said ,top gear is now getting a bit boring and now to crush what looked like a good 156 .
since they have been off air there has been loads of new cars come out the new lambo for one ,now that would of made a good first episode ,just hope it gets better .

V

·
0 Posts
It was probably bought from a scrap yard to be used as a prop car anyway. 156's aren't exactly rare, does it matter? I think not.
In fact I'll bet it was a non-runner going by the selespeed badge on the back :cheese:

Although I'd have preferred them to do everyone a favour and kill a MiTo :p :lol:

Hammond - Not a true petrolhead by his own standards, never having owned an Alfa ;)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
'AO announce fatwa on Hammond for crushing a highly collectable 156'?

The how many left feature was useful and something already discussed here in relation to Alfas. In fact they probably pinched the idea of that feature from here.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It had to be better than the GP.

I think it's nudged values of E36 M3s and E39 M5s up a little, as no doubt GTV ones may do when they feature that Cup or Cupalike. Sadly featuring on Top Gear won't change the styling or proportions of the 1 series BMW. It looks a hoot to drive though.

I think I'll have to watch the repeat or catch it online.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
There's no doubting the fact they've found a formula they like, and are sticking with it! :lol:

TOP GEAR PROGRAMME SCHEDULE CHECKLIST

- Review BMW M-Car. Say it is biblically good.
- Get Hammond to do something a bit silly in a ridiculous vehicle.
- Race a car against a sportsman/sportswoman.
- Get all wistful about a classic car with a big birthday coming up.
- Fawn all over the star in a reasonably priced car.
- Allow Jeremy to letch over at least one attractive female guest/audience member/contributor.

As long as the above checklist is followed TO THE LETTER, Top Gear will be as successful as it's always been.

Deviate from that, and you're sunk, lads. :cheese:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts