Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not normally one to moan, but on this occasion I think it is well deserved. My kids have started to collect the new Top Gear Turbo cards (similar to football cards). The whole thing is a huge rip off! The first issue cost £2.50 and they received 4 packs of cards as well as the magazine. They have just been to the local newsagent to spend their hard earned pocket money on some more cards and they are £1.50 per pack:wow: (9 cards)! How the BBC think they can get away with this is astounding, or am I just out of touch with the price of these things. I thought they would cost around 50p a pack.
Feel much better now, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
My own rant: I bought the mag for a laugh and also the normal monthly top gear mag which had a free pack aswell. 3 packs of cards and i already have 3 land rover discoveries and loads of duplications!

On the plus side, i do have the 8c competizione and a brera.

I agree, £1.50 is a rip off, and the mag is tiny.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Move along now, nothing to see here

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just wish the BBC would use the revenue to reduce the enforced licence fee instead of using it for - er - whatever it is they use it for!

·
Registered
624 Posts
You will find it is used to fund huge salaries and Jollys, not for dedent programme making thats for sure.

I have managed to evade capture from the Tv Licensing lynch mob for 20 years, superb!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Bought that for my son too, then found out how much the packs cost :eek:

He hasn't had any! He collects the match attacks footie ones i think they're only 50p a pack!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts