Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i doubt there are many if any drivers on here that do it but when u see a car overtaking on the other side of the road and coming towards u so please dont full beam them or they will crash into u! had a guy doing it to me tonight when i had achers of room to overtake and pull back in but because he full beamed me in disgust i was blinded and nearly had a full on collision. if they disapprove why cant they just give u the finger or something!!! :mad: rant over.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Overtaking is looked upon as anti social these day hence why undertaking is your best bet;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have had that happen to me before when overtaking a bus. Some piddling little Seicento came into view in the middle distance and started flashing when I was nearly past the bus and there was still about 300m to go. Duh...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah it's pretty stupid. If you are overtaking, and you see something coming towards you, you don't really need them to flash to confirm, oh yes, it's a car coming towards me, good job he flashed.

N

·
0 Posts
Really? I've had arses pull out coming towards me
obviously not having seen I'm coming the other way.

What are you supposed to do? Shout?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
It's bloody ridiculous. Why would someone think that making their lights brighter would make them more aware of you? If they are merely signalling the apparent danger, surely creating anther distraction is going to make things worse. If they're just signalling their displeasure... well who gives a sh*t.

It's not needed and people who do it are morons who have no concept of distance, and therefore shouldn't really be on the roads.

A

·
0 Posts
A quick flash of headlights in daylight is fine by me but I think the full beam in your face at night is sheer lunacy and dangerous. It's just another form of the aggression that some people have as part of their daily lives.
The horn blasters, finger wavers and hand gesture idiots would be on my list for removal from society.Is there a spare island anywhere?:mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Overtaking is looked upon as anti social these day hence why undertaking is your best bet;)
+1 (please note that I have never done it nor would I :angel: ;) )

I get this all the time now the nights are drawing in, people dont seem to be able to judge diatnaces in the dark. I get people trying to overtake me in my lorry all the time (last night was no exception was doing 40mph on overtime :evil: ) so when there is a space big enough for them I flash my indicator on for a couple of seconds and they go past and I get a thanks. In the dark people have a look decide not to go, realise the space is masive and go at the last minute and nearly crash at the side of me. BTW if you do that at the side of a lorry I dont know one driver that eases off so your on your own :p

·
Registered
596 Posts
A quick flash of headlights in daylight is fine by me but I think the full beam in your face at night is sheer lunacy and dangerous.
Even drivers thanking you for some act of chivalry on your part reward you with a burst of 200watts in yer eyes.

If I want to thank an on-coming driver on an urban road, I flick OFF the dips - just as effective and no one gets dazzled.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Perhaps it was another Alfa, giving a wave !! :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all very valid points. i can see why if i was being an idiot allowing no more than a few feet to get back in (altho blinding me will just increase the chances of me hitting them) but i tend not to be especially on bumpy twisty B roads. i thought of another excuse for them in that they are probably driving a micra or a prius and dont realise that there are some cars out there that have the power to overtake within a short distance.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
they are probably driving a micra or a prius and dont realise that there are some cars out there that have the power to overtake within a short distance.
Yep I get flashed at alot because they dont realised how great my GTA is and what power I have :evil: I just laugh at them and blow them a kiss ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It seems that my attempt at a light hearted joke (as indicated by the ;)) offended someone enough that they felt the need to report it:rolleyes: I apologise & unless in America, I ask that you do not undertake as it's very naughty:tut:

Can I just add that I did of course stop undertaking when I became a moderator, just as I agreed to obey every speed limit, not to sound my horn after dark, save the whales and so on:lol:

Cheers,

Simon:D

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Well Done Simon......You get a Blue Peter Badge......Can't believe anyone would report that comment though !!!!......Roy.....

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
It seems that my attempt at a light hearted joke (as indicated by the ;)) offended someone enough that they felt the need to report it:rolleyes: I apologise & unless in America, I ask that you do not undertake as it's very naughty:tut:

Can I just add that I did of course stop undertaking when I became a moderator, just as I agreed to obey every speed limit, not to sound my horn after dark, save the whales and so on:lol:

Cheers,

Simon:D
You have nothing to apologise for Simon and the person who reported you should be ashamed FFS :mad: If you dont like something dont read it or let alone report it when it is something as mild mannered as that :bat: I bet you have a name tag in the back of your underwear too :rolleyes:

Going to report me too?:tut:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I have no problem if a woman wants to flash at me when I overtake, although I do find it a bit distracting.

Who died ?
Why are we talking about undertakers ?

Who reported you SR ? c'mon spill the beans ....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts