Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it will be quite close the Mclaren is 1300kg ish and the bug 1900kg ish 640bhp vs 1000bhp

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In my little dream world (where I have the choice!) I'd choose the F1. An absolute marvel in it's day, literally head and shoulders above the competition.
I hope they put them around a track, the F1 will destroy the Bugatti. Straight line will be a different story though!

Looking forward to it.

V

·
0 Posts
i remember one of the facts about the veyron being

it will beat a mcf1 to 200mph even if the mcf1 is doing 120 when the veyron sets off

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i remember one of the facts about the veyron being

it will beat a mcf1 to 200mph even if the mcf1 is doing 120 when the veyron sets off
Now you say that i remember aswell spoken by Jezza

This will only be a drag race there will be the lambo and SLR aswell.

I think the Bug will win but round a track the F1 would kill them.

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
I would have the McLaren if I had the choice.

Gordon Murray was right when he said that supercars should not be too heavy. (referring to XJ220 no doubt)

Plus the Mclaren would be just about fast enough for uk roads. ;)

The TVR Speed 12 against a Veyron would have been interesting too as the TVR had around 900bhp per tonne, compared to 600bhp per tonne for the Bugatti

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think the F1 will win around the test track. veryon monster power but too heavy on this track:)

·
Banned
467 Posts
as much as I'd rather shove wasps up my butt than support Mclaren, the F1 WAS and still is arguably the most perfect car ever made. And probably ever will be.

The Bug is a masterpiece but in a "Ve must haff more POWARRR" way, a technological work of brilliance......but a big ole fat thing.

Look at what's available now, a Merc SL63 even has an extra 14bhp over an F1 for crying out loud!

Most supercars have close to or more outright power than the F1 thsedays BUT, none (bug excepted) has managed anywhere near the 241mph of the Muckka. And even then with over 350hp, and some 10years of technological developments, more it beat the F1's top speed by 12mph........ Not a huge amount is it.

A better test would be the F1 -V- FXX

·
Banned
467 Posts
In addition, at the concept of the F1 Murray and co saod it would be made without compromise and cost was 'irrelevant'

Quite right to. It's a supercar. In the same way that F1 racing cars should not, EVER be limited by cost and technical limitations. It's a showpiece of global engineering talent.

and so was the F1 road car. (In LM spec it was also unbeatable on any racetrack anywhere in the world!)

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I would have the McLaren if I had the choice.

Gordon Murray was right when he said that supercars should not be too heavy. (referring to XJ220 no doubt)

Plus the Mclaren would be just about fast enough for uk roads. ;)

The TVR Speed 12 against a Veyron would have been interesting too as the TVR had around 900bhp per tonne, compared to 600bhp per tonne for the Bugatti
600 bhp/tonne isnt HUGE nowadays though with all these hypercars......I mean, even the karts we race are putting out 695 bhp/tonne .....thats it, i'm gonna go pick on a Veyron :lol:

·
Registered
809 Posts
600 bhp/tonne isnt HUGE nowadays though with all these hypercars
That sort of figure never really has been huge.

Everybody seems to overlook bikes when talking about BHP/Ton figures. Marvelling at the figures for all these Super/Hyper cars.

My bike has 170bhp, and weighs 176Kg.

Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade (2006-2007) - Honda Motorcycle Reviews

176Kg converts to 0.17 Imperial Tons, even if you round that up to 0.2 (or 1/5th of a Ton) you get a really rather respectable figure of 850 bhp/Ton. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts