17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
meh

i want a r5 gordini v sud shootout
ooh, now that is a blinding idea! :thumbs: Top Gear Retro test, not where they trash them (like they normally do), but re-live legends from the past. There's no shortage of subject matter.

I can imagine one feature: 'the Matra Rancho; a week on the school run in 2012', could be a pretty interesting perspective on new cars :)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
ooh, now that is a blinding idea! :thumbs: Top Gear Retro test, not where they trash them (like they normally do), but re-live legends from the past. There's no shortage of subject matter.

I can imagine one feature: 'the Matra Rancho; a week on the school run in 2012', could be a pretty interesting perspective on new cars :)
:lol::thumbs: Liking it. More of these tests please.

·
Registered
11,458 Posts
They should get enthusiastic owners of retro cars to compete in shoot-outs round the TG track.
(to replace star in reasonably priced car?)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
gang; we're onto something here!

'a week in the summer with the Fiat X1/9'

Get me the address of the commissioner at the BBC! :)

M

·
0 Posts
They should get enthusiastic owners of retro cars to compete in shoot-outs round the TG track.
(to replace star in reasonably priced car?)
A MK 2 Mondeo isn't 'retro' as such, but I'd be game for a rant around the track, with a similar engined Vectra, Primera, 406, Accord etc as competition :thumbs:

*EDIT* Gutted for the poor soul who turns up in a Vectra :cheese:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
More Classic head to heads -

Renault Alpine A110 v Lancia Fulvia
Opel Kadett GTE v BMW2002Tii

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,745 Posts
the (lovely) Lancia Beta Montecarlo...to Montecarlo!

There's got to be an audience for 'Top Gear - the retro years' or 'Top Retro Gear'.

I'd watch!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts