Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you all see the Chinese 166 with a twinkie on Top Gear? Fascinating stuff. At least there will be a new source of spares for some of our bits into the future.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I was listening to Patti Smith on Sky Arts 1 earlier this week, and she had a "personal public announcement", telling the audience if anybody's father is a boss of Alfa Romeo tell him to give her a car...

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
At least there will be a new source of spares for some of our bits into the future.

my Alfa will be 100% free of Chinese bits thank you very much, even if it means costing double......

Its bad enough Bosch having their dubious quality electrics in there

·
Registered
260 Posts
So thats what happened to the 166,thrown into a chinese asylum stripped of name and character,only to emerge as an institutionalised far eastern saloon!:cry:

D

·
0 Posts
Was googling for ages to see if the car has the same Alfa suspension in it but I dunno.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like they've sensibly moved the air filter box so that you can change the filter in less than 30 minutes!

The body is Toyota dull, but the interior looks ok (don't like the fake wood though).
Only 5 speed as well.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
The lower line of the dash is pure '66.. :) and they tried to sanitise the T/Spark donkey but it's still got the little red stripe around the cam-belt cover... :thumbs:

He's not a name... he's a number!

He is number 166! :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The publicity blurb amuses me

Trumpchi model as a technology platform from the Alfa Romeo 166, although the body size of Chi Chuan in China mid-size car market has reached the mainstream of B-class models, dimensions, mass Qi of the length and breadth measurements were 4800/1820/1484mm , but its wheelbase is only 2702mm, compared with Toyota Camry, Honda Accord about universal level in the 2800mm wheelbase size seems there are those not on the inflow. Of course, this also indicated the model of the Italian origin Trumpchi full inheritance, Alfa Romeo 166 sport suspension or the superior performance of remarkable. Double wishbone, flexible pillar front suspension with stabilizer bar and multi-axis-oriented, flexible pillars rear suspension with stabilizer bar will also bring China's independent brand sedan market breath of fresh Italian descent.

Also the way the pictures have been taken outside an industrial unit with a pile of rubbish outside and on the other side some washing or old rugs hanging out to dry.
Makes me want to rush out and buy one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, ChinaAutoWeb's photographic skills leave something to be desired, paper label on the keys, poly on the seats, old scaffolding in the shots, makes some of the efforts on fleabay look positively professional.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The 2.0 Twin Spark couldn't be less suited to an auto box - no torque at all below 3,000 rpm. Surely the Chinese aren't worried about emissions or mpg, so why not fit something useful like a V6?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,171 Posts
Suspension looks the same, I wonder what the price of spares will be if its sold over here?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts