Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out why my timing belt had been trying to make its way off the pulleys, it was the top engine mount/idler casting, (please see pic below) there was no nut on where it has cracked, and the rest of the nuts holding it on were only hand-tight. I didn't have to use a ratchet, I just put a socket on and undid them.

I need to source a replacement does anyone know if these are unique to the 166?

Many thanks Jason

Attachments

·
Vendor
45,818 Posts
Can you post the part number from the casting, I can make it out in the picture but not enough to read the digits.

C

·
0 Posts
The numbers are: 60622390. Just found out it seems to only fit the 166 2,5 3,0 V6 24V
Yes, that's right, unique to the 166. I think I might have one if Pud (Autolusso) don't. 50/50 though, I think I gave it away to someone here, but I also think I had 2 to begin with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris155, am going to be a pain, did you have a chance to look? I'm hoping that Pud has one. Its one of the main things holding me up :-( I want to get her on the road so i have transport, then i can start stripping my 164 down and hopefully get her back on the road for the spring

·
Vendor
45,818 Posts
Jay, give me a ring tomorrow, I should have one 01582 869 560

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pud, the part arrived this morning. Thank you, now I need rocker box gaskets and I can start putting her back together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts