Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out why my timing belt had been trying to make its way off the pulleys, it was the top engine mount/idler casting, (please see pic below) there was no nut on where it has cracked, and the rest of the nuts holding it on were only hand-tight. I didn't have to use a ratchet, I just put a socket on and undid them.

I need to source a replacement does anyone know if these are unique to the 166?

Many thanks Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
I had a look just now, but pardon my ignorance, where exactly should I be looking..? I can't see anything that looks like your picture..:confused:

Mines a TS BTW. I take it yours is the same..? :)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Found out why my timing belt had been trying to make its way off the pulleys, it was the top engine mount/idler casting, (please see pic below) there was no nut on where it has cracked, and the rest of the nuts holding it on were only hand-tight. I didn't have to use a ratchet, I just put a socket on and undid them.

I need to source a replacement does anyone know if these are unique to the 166?

Many thanks Jason
:eek:

Now why doesn't that surprise me!

I had quite a few other issues with the car after taking it to Just Alfa Spares. :tut:

Most of which I had to get rectified elsewhere. Regulars will remember the courtesy car that was loaned too me which subsequently caught fire as I was driving back to Liverpool

That certainly explains the increased idle vibration I was getting towards the end of my ownership.

I hope you've found no other major faults Jason :(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and I look forward to seeing some pics when she's back on the road. Maybe in time for the north/south Welsh meet early next year :confused: :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Congrats on yer appointment flipper...When you getting a new 166?
Best time to buy is now..jist don't ask;):D:cheese:

Where have all the facelifts gone long time passing?

Pomeo
Maybe next year - oh it nearly is ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts