Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Which is the best top box for the money? I know this is not very Alfa along with towbars... but I bought my 159Ti SW so I could transport band equipment (guitars and the like) now I'm stressing about all the mic stands and drum gear marking the leather ... so I need a topbox.

Towbar and trailer on the horizon I reckon!

Suggestions welcome...

Cheers

Stuart from Sunny Stonehaven

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Ive got a Thule Atlantis 780 which i use on my SW, seems robust and is very fast to fit. They do it in different size ratios, height/length etc to suit.

We use ours for visiting the outlaws in Cornwall to take all the stuff that I would not want in my boot, sandy pushchairs and boots, pottys etc you get the idea. So mine is quite low profile but long enough for the pushcairs when folded.

Boot takes all the luggage easy but the pushcairs were just easier to chuck in he box and no mess in boot too....

Got mine from the roofbox company off t'internet..... when i bought mine it was over £100 less than the same box in Halfords, got free roof hanging straps too....

Only problem i had was a broken key, own fault really as i was using it to lever the covers off the roof bars but still did not seem very strong! Oh and noticed a high pitch whistle everytime i use the screen washers :confused:, not sure if its the bars or the box though, does not do it on my wifes car so maybe the bars

Good thing is it opens from either side and you cant leave it unlocked!

It looks pretty good too and i think you can get it in black now too, saw one the other day....

U

·
0 Posts
Well if you really MUST fit one, I agree that Thule probably make the best roof boxes and bars on the market.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have to admit i dont like spoiling the looks of my car with the box and as soon as i get where im going it comes off ASAP. But the Thule does not look too bad and actually seems to look quite suited to my wife's Signum for which it was bought originally....... but if its a choice between that and having a tow bar fitted i would use the box! :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will have a look at Halfords... Thule look OK.. Its having a drum kit thats the killer for using up space.... electronic drums just look crap !

Cheers

Stuart

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a Kamei box which I think is quite well made, and at the time I bought it, which was about 4 years ago, seemed better value than Thule

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Halfords have some really nice looking and quality carbon fibre style aero top boxes.

We had an older style Halfords aero box and it was great.

Could travel at 160kph + on the Autoroutes without any issues.

Sold it, along with the bars, to the chap that bought our 156 SW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts