Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the V6 for a drive on the freeway to Gosford (an hour out of Sydney CBD) for the first time since I bought it. Its an Amazing Car that has so much Power I was tempted to put my foot down but thought I cant get booked for one more thing otherwise Ill lose my licence. But even at max legal speeds of 120Kmh (75mph) the car was only revving at 3000 RPM. Naturally it accelerates with a massive amount of power to any place you want to be on the freeway.

When it came to the long fast twisty parts the car just leaves all others behind in its wake. It sits down easily into the corner where as other cars want to run wide. With the power, handling and manouverabilty it really feels like a small car. Going up a long winding road in the wet I was miles ahead of everyone else and no one could catch me.

I also took the exit to Peats Ridge where there are a set of great twisty roads that are pretty much empty and the speed limit is still 100km (62mph) The twisty bit of roads are all cambered the right way and its a great drive through there where you can really open up the throttle on the car. Even then I still reckon I was only at 50-70% capacity of the car trying to keep to the speed limit. And even in the rain it was more fun.

Overall I am very impressed with the car. Its not often you get to drive the top of the range Alfa Romeo (when it was new) with low mileage and in prisitine condition. So very happy with the car :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
So Freds I guess you are enjoying the V6 ?:) Great way to head into a new decade:thumbs:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Are these free gifts for Christmas ? :confused: :lol:
Anything but:lol: We have points removed rather than added from our licence for various infractions. Over this period, the authorities double the number of points removed from one's licence for various offences. For example, if one exceeds the speed limit by more than a certain amount and anyone is not wearing a seatbelt, the driver could lose all 12 points over this period and have his or her licence suspended.:(

·
Registered
535 Posts
it may be old but I cant think of many other cars this unique... all the new cars they are pumping out look rubbish. the GTV looks great. and the V6 flys... I miss mine :)

·
16,374 Posts
Anything but:lol: We have points removed rather than added from our licence for various infractions. Over this period, the authorities double the number of points removed from one's licence for various offences. For example, if one exceeds the speed limit by more than a certain amount and anyone is not wearing a seatbelt, the driver could lose all 12 points over this period and have his or her licence suspended.:(
:( Rather a nasty thing to do. Here in the UK we may get ripped off on these things but it doesn't change on a whim.

Very strange.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds great Fred:thumbs: but please don't forget the double demerit points until Jan 3.:(
Yeah I know Chucky thats why I have to be extra careful and drive right on or close to the speed limit as possible, Ive lost all my points except the last 2-3 and there to last me another 10 months !

Its So frustrating but thats what the laws are for.

Unlike when I was 21 when I would think What the hell .. what speed limit ! :lol: Oh well thats what you get with age - Wisdom I guess.

·
16,374 Posts
Freds GTV 2001;3113171: Oh well thats what you get with age - Wisdom I guess.[/QUOTE said:
Hate to disillusion you Fred but all you get with age is more and more nadgered.

Still old age is better than the only known alternative..............

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GTV V6 is a great car yes :)
I was driving a stretch of highway (some 10-15miles) in slightly damp conditions, with constant speed over 155mph and she just holds the road like nothing else! Long fast corners are made for gtv and no beemer would go faster there.
I would love to drive that fast alan ! but its so strict here getting caught :cry: Maybe when I get some points back on my licence Ill find somewhere to test out the higher speeds. (legally of course ;))

K

·
0 Posts
Fantastic stuff Fred. :cool:

Great to hear you're really enjoying it.

Here's to many more smiles per mile. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:( Rather a nasty thing to do. Here in the UK we may get ripped off on these things but it doesn't change on a whim.

Very strange.
Hi Nige over Xmas and New Year they double the demerit points or basically double the penalties if you break the speed limit - could say its a little xmas gift from the police :p

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fantastic stuff Fred. :cool:

Great to hear you're really enjoying it.

Here's to many more smiles per mile. :thumbs:
Yeah Kalel its a great car. I'm looking forward to when I can afford a Brera and see what thats like. Let me know when your selling yours ;)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it may be old but I cant think of many other cars this unique... all the new cars they are pumping out look rubbish. the GTV looks great. and the V6 flys... I miss mine :)
Yeah for the price theres nothing else close or as good as the GTV apart from a Porsche Boxster which is the next car Id like to get after the GTV but thats another $10-15K more (7K GBP)

·
16,374 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:thumbs: Nice find Fred, a few more about on there too, some of which make me wince, poor old girls !!!!!!!!
Was just thinking theres no way you can red line in the first 2 gears in the current GTV V6 today otherwise youd be going about 100 miles an hour ! :lol: and the police will become very interested in your activities.

·
16,374 Posts
Was just thinking theres no way you can red line in the first 2 gears in the current GTV V6 today otherwise youd be going about 100 miles an hour ! :lol: and the police will become very interested in your activities.
Just go faster and outrun them Fred.

I'll send you a cake with a built in file !! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts